Nintendo NS-10 + Korg DS-10

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

JohnLRice

Nintendo NS-10 + Korg DS-10

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:15 am

Not modular but . . . waddayawant fer nothin'? :razz:

In July I purchased a Nintendo NS-10 and the Korg DS-10 synth emulation cartridge so I could have something creative to play with while commuting back and forth to work on the train (1 hour each way).

The following two peices are what I came up with while learning how to use the DS-10 (the instructions are in Japannese!) All the sound comes from this little setup in one pass. I recorded them into my DAW and then just trimmed them up and added a little EQ and compression (and reverb on the first one) in Wavelab5.

TRAINing #1 Slow and Lazy
http://www.imjohn.com/music/TRAINing_SL.mp3

TRAINing #2 Fast and Crazy
http://www.imjohn.com/music/TRAINing_FC.mp3

I'll try to make some sort of video for these so I can put them on YouTube and . . . don't worry, I WILL be doing music with my beautiful modular . . . once I get it "finished"! :lol:
Last edited by JohnLRice on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neandrewthal
full clout y'all
Location: Spending warm summer days indoors writing frightening verse to a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

Re: Nintendo NS-10 + Korg DS-10

Post by neandrewthal » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Nice stuff. I'll have to get me one of these.
JohnLRice wrote:don't worry, I WILL be doing music with my beautiful modular . . . once I get it "finished"! :lol:
Yeahhhhh, that's what they all say :roll: :razz:
Initiate the sequence, create catastrophe.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:10 am

Thanks neandrewthal! And yes, it takes me at LEAST an above average amount of time to realize any of my dreams . . . . i need to pick up the pace! :msnsmack:

Return to “Your Tunes Here”