MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES5/ESX-8GT problems
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES5/ESX-8GT problems
andybizarre
Hi Os,

I expanded my ES3/5/6/7 system with two ESX-8GTs and ran into an issue. The 8GTs are hooked up to the ES5`s channels 2 and 3. The first one on channel 2 is working perfectly, but I can`t get the second 8GT on channel 3 to work properly. It`s behaving erratically, like the bit encoding is corrupted in some way. However, if I put it to channel 4, thus utilizing the ES3`s channel 8, it works as it should.

So far I have tested 2 audio interfaces (RME Raydat and E-MU 1212m), SW ES5 controller and the Reaktor ES5 controller, both VST in Ableton Live and standalone. All levels are normalled. Same results.

I know that there maybe workarounds like I did already with using ES5`s channel 4, but I really like to max out all 24bits on ADAT channel 7, as this was the idea in the first place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. help
os
Could you set the binary pattern on the Output 3 knob in the plug-in and see what the output pattern is? i.e. values

which should light one LED in turn on the 8GT.
andybizarre
os wrote:
Could you set the binary pattern on the Output 3 knob in the plug-in and see what the output pattern is? i.e. values

which should light one LED in turn on the 8GT.

Thanks for your quick reply, os. I entered the values you suggested, only at 128 LED 8 is lit, all others stay dark with their respective values.
os
Odd. Could you try expander headers 5 & 6 for completeness? I'm curious if 6 has the same problem as 3.
andybizarre
os wrote:
Odd. Could you try expander headers 5 & 6 for completeness? I'm curious if 6 has the same problem as 3.

Done. Yep, same behaviour on headers 5 & 6. 5 working OK, on 6 only LED 8 is lit with an output value of 128.

I accidentally set header 1`s output to 1 and guess what, on header 3 all values of the binary pattern light up their respective LEDs. If I return header 1 to 0 the LEDs on header 3/6 go dark again. seriously, i just don't get it
os
That sounds like some element of the system is muting signals below a certain level.

Is it this? https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2184619#2184619
andybizarre
os wrote:
That sounds like some element of the system is muting signals below a certain level.

Is it this? https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2184619#2184619

Yes, looks like the Live 9 issue. I kept a copy of Live 8.2.5 for 32bit compatibility, headers 3 and 6 seem to work here. The text file fix doesn`t work with my copy of Live 9.7.5, Bitwig 2.2 and Reaktor 6.1 are showing the same odd behaviour. This is so weird. very frustrating hmmm.....

However, thank you so much for your great support. At least now I know that didn`t fry anything or did some faulty settings somewhere.
Joey P.
Hey, any ETA on the ESX-8GT MKIII? I've had a couple on order at Perfect Circuit for several months.

I know you guys are pumping stuff out as fast as possible. Just trying to get an idea as I'll be needing to make some room once they come in.

Thanks,
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1