MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-2 dropping MIDI notes when processing CC data flows?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-2 dropping MIDI notes when processing CC data flows?
Videographics
When I feed my Yamaha WX-7 MIDI wind controller into the MIDI input of my FH-2, it doesn’t consistently change the pitch with every note that’s played. The WX-7 does tend to send aftertouch (breath) and pitch bend (lip control and wheel) more or less constantly (more than most MIDI devices) but it normally plays only one note at a time.

After struggling with this on the FH-2 for some time, I plugged the WX-7 into a couple other MIDI devices and it worked fine playing all the notes at the right pitch on all of them. So this issue appears to be unique to the FH-2.

Is there a way to throttle the stream of MIDI aftertouch and pitch bend messages to make it easier for the FH-2 to process the notes?
os
Am I correct in thinking this uses 5-pin DIN MIDI, not USB?

Are you using the latest FH-2 firmware (1.4)?
Videographics
Yes. DIN MIDI. Firmware 1.4.
os
So you're using the FH-2 with the MIDI breakout?

It really shouldn't struggle with the data rate of DIN MIDI. What does your config look like?
Videographics
I have the WX-7 MIDI connected to the MIDI in jack on the top edge of my Intellijel 7U case which is wired to the 4-pin MIDI header on the back of the FH-2.

The WX-7 does continuously send pressure and pitch bend MIDI data.
os
OK that should be fine. Any chance you could record a MIDI file which I could replay into the FH-2 here, to reproduce the issue?
Videographics
I can do that in a bit. Probably the most interesting thing that seems strange is that I can play a new note without the pitch changing, and then the pitch finally changes as soon as I send a pitch change message.
Videographics
I noticed my FH-2 was doing the same thing with other MIDI controllers. The pitch/note output would only update when the FH-2 received some pitchbend data. Loading new configurations made no difference but a firmware update seems to have fixed it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1