MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Batman & Robin are ROLAND fans ?!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Batman & Robin are ROLAND fans ?!
xenosapien
as you can see, Batman is using Roland synths/devices in one of his safehouses' supercomputers... as seen on Netflix' new "DC TITANS" show...

BAT-SYNTH, anyone? grin

System-1m:

possible MX-1 or upside-down TR-8 here:

(apologies for the slightly shitty mobile phone pics, but my girlfriend would only let me stop/rewind the show for so long haha)
CoreInside
Haha
milkshake
hihi
pixelmechanic
Glad to see I wasn't the only person that noticed that!

Titans is really excellent - a bit brutal though if you're not into seeing violence on TV etc.
xenosapien
pixelmechanic wrote:
Glad to see I wasn't the only person that noticed that!

Titans is really excellent - a bit brutal though if you're not into seeing violence on TV etc.

haha yeah I was a bit surprised as well - some of the "punching sounds" especially are really... revolting... razz
anselmi
following the old tradition of use synths and drum machines in TV and movie sets
kwaidan
If you look closely in Machete Kills, Mel Gibson uses a Novation Launch Pad to fire nuclear warheads.

In Eyes Wide Shut, Tom Cruz’s keyboard playing friend uses some Emu boxes when he performs at the mansion.
xenosapien
haha kwaidan, I have to rewatch that movie (Machete Kills) now... pretty sure I might not survive it though.

you got blood on your hands now... wink

to be fair, though, it IS called a "LAUNCH PAD"... ^^
anselmi
Star Trek IV

TheDegenerateElite
What else are you gonna do once the course is plotted?
spacezignul
Finally a fitting aplication for those awful looking things
sizone
hold on. hear me out now.

are you sitting down?

a set made entirely of fizmos
papz

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0196950/
milkshake

Ferris Bueller has even got good taste in samplers.
xenosapien
sizone wrote:

are you sitting down?

you know how hollywood works - you gotta come up with a snazzy title for your movie first! wink
Rex Coil 7
Neoconkers
xenosapien wrote:
sizone wrote:

are you sitting down?

you know how hollywood works - you gotta come up with a snazzy title for your movie first! wink

FizmoGeddan with Dawyn Johnson as Ev R. E. Man, Gary Busey as Fizmo and Gary Sinise as the stiff from the government who comes around to Ev's unorthodox ways of doing things about 3/4's of the way through.
xenosapien
How about this one:

"POLYPHONIA"
by Lars von Trier

A woman discovers that she is living a simulated life inside a Moog Model D and that the reason she cannot fall in love is that deep inside, she loves playing beautiful chords.

So in a quest to unlock her deepest desire, she abducts and tortures people from other Model Ds and eventually even clones them with the help of the evil Dr. Uli B.

In the grand finale, the "Human Synthipede" experiment aimed at creating the ultimate, 13-note-"GOD CHORD" spectacularly fails due to incompatible DIN-MIDI pin-outs (and because, somehow, one of the clones only responds to channel 17).

the whole movie is filmed at 125% speed and then slowed down to 75%, and tinted faux-sepia for that extra-weird feeling.

the movie´s budget could be 5000 USD, but ends up being 200mil because, well - the set designers all want real vintage Moogs!! grin
SmartBits
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

What are Batman and Robin doing in Vince Clarke's studio?
xenosapien
Another case of "set designer wants something nice to take home to his private studio after the shoot" spotted in the shitty new(-ish) TURTLES movie:

sizone
yes, but I like it too
Devilwidget
It's hardly hollywood, but the spaceship in this video is a Pittsburgh Modular...

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2018/12/24/the-mind-reading-space-la sers-feed-the-world-xmas-in-space/
h4ndcrafted
Dollhouse series had an M Audio djing controller in it, from their now defunkt ? dj system. Judging by the Chess set and gumball machine though, it may not be trying to be anything else ?

Also not synth, but the Firefly series used old Smartmedia cards as erm...datadisks, kind of ironic.

mihata

Novation Circuit in Legion
IanEye
Fair amount of product placement in this one:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2