MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bitwig 3 with Modular Environment
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Bitwig 3 with Modular Environment
tuttlerecall
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2019/01/16/bitwig-studio-3-promises- fully-modular-approach-to-sound-design/

I have never used this DAW but this is an interesting. I wonder how easily you can send and receive the CV signals created in the grid using an interface.

Has anyone switched from Ableton? Looks like this is their answer to live's Max integration.
droningspaghettimonster
Sending and receiving cv is already a breeze. Now things will be mindblowing. Sending vcos out through es3 like reaktor 6 should be very nice, since the quality of all the bitwg synths is amazing... this update will hopefully win more users over.
Fayette
tuttlerecall wrote:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2019/01/16/bitwig-studio-3-promises- fully-modular-approach-to-sound-design/

I have never used this DAW but this is an interesting. I wonder how easily you can send and receive the CV signals created in the grid using an interface.

Has anyone switched from Ableton? Looks like this is their answer to live's Max integration.
I switched from Ableton.. I enjoyed Ableton, but I much prefer Bitwig.
peripatitis
I don't like the excel-sheet factor of some of this new daw's which is why I never bonded with Bitwig I guess.
I wonder how that modularity would work, will it be as flexible as something like Usine, allowing you to change the interface as well or focused more on the audio side of things.
poppinger
Wow, this is what I've been waiting for to drop the cash on a Bitwig update. I really like the idea of a modular environment container that is closely integrated with the host DAW. The little clockable piano roll device looks pretty cool too.
j_dowe
i've been using ableton and max... been thinking about bitwig for a while.. this could push me over the edge.

the video alone made me drool...

Dead Banana

so many tools, so little time ...
tau_seti
Meh. I was disappointed.

I would rather see tighter integration with VCVrack. What that community has done is leaps and bounds ahead of the Bitwig modular environment. And if you are running VCVrack I can’t imagine you also want to be spending processing power on a competing modular system in Bitwig.
andybizarre
I wished someone would make a native Expert Sleepers ES-5 encoder in either Bitwig or VCV. I know there`re options with Silent Way, Reaktor and Max, but none of them will work on Linux. help
j_dowe
tau_seti wrote:
Meh. I was disappointed.

I would rather see tighter integration with VCVrack. What that community has done is leaps and bounds ahead of the Bitwig modular environment. And if you are running VCVrack I can’t imagine you also want to be spending processing power on a competing modular system in Bitwig.

yeah, VCV may have more to offer. the attraction of Bitwig, though, is it looks (at least from the video) to be very streamlined and visual to patch things. i love VCV, but it's kind of clunky in my experience.

anyway, that ease of being able to quickly patch a modulation, experiment, and operate more in an intuitive flow might have me reaching for Bitwig before VCV or Reaktor.

i'd actually have to try it, though, to see if it is as fluid as it looks in that short clip.
rjungemann
They've been promising this for 6 years.
sagetone
tau_seti wrote:
Meh. I was disappointed.

VCVrack is not a DAW, Bitwig is. The modular environment in Bitwig is inside of a DAW, and is a device like any other device.

I didn't click with Live, had been using Sonar for years, and finally made the switch to Bitwig a little over 3 years ago. I really like using it.
Panason
peripatitis wrote:
I don't like the excel-sheet factor of some of this new daw's which is why I never bonded with Bitwig I guess.
I wonder how that modularity would work, will it be as flexible as something like Usine, allowing you to change the interface as well or focused more on the audio side of things.

Wow, I had never hard of Usine. The GUI on it looks fantastic. Will dig deeper.
White noiz
If it makes it easier to connect to modular, i need it!
sagetone
White noiz wrote:
If it makes it easier to connect to modular, i need it!

Bitwig is very good for this. Of course you need the HW interfacing, something like ES-3, etc.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1