MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Stylophone GEN R-8
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New Stylophone GEN R-8
Eichburger
The demo definitely has me interested.

SteeVtheRipper
That thing sounds diiiiiirty. I like it.
de_raaf
this one looks fun and better layout than their other one, like the sound
talfred
Sounds great and dirty! This might be a future cult classic like the WASP. Could even be a great controller for a smaller eurorack
thetwlo
yeah, pretty excited about this one! love the sound and design.
boxxgrooved
Nice! This is what the S2 should have been. I loved the sound of the S2 but never pulled the trigger due to a lack of interfacing and certain features. This brings everything out into patch points adding a sequencer and delay still have THAT sound Guinness ftw!
jcn7
Anyone know if the touch plate keyboard has CV out and could be used as a keyboard for Eurorack gear?
gringostar
jcn7 wrote:
Anyone know if the touch plate keyboard has CV out and could be used as a keyboard for Eurorack gear?

This, or if there is a link to the manual for it somewhere since I'm not finding it on their site.
jcn7
gringostar wrote:
jcn7 wrote:

This, or if there is a link to the manual for it somewhere since I'm not finding it on their site.

I didn't find it either on their site. I'm also wondering if external gear can be run through it's filter, or the delay? That would also be very nice and useful.

I guess we should know more in a day or so...
IR
jcn7 wrote:
I'm also wondering if external gear can be run through it's filter, or the delay? That would also be very nice and useful.

You can do that on the newer cheap model, the cheapest one besides the reissue and drum machine. It's like a slightly upgraded Monotron Delay.

So I'm sure you can do that on the expensive models as well.
jcn7
IR wrote:
jcn7 wrote:
I'm also wondering if external gear can be run through it's filter, or the delay? That would also be very nice and useful.

You can do that on the newer cheap model, the cheapest one besides the reissue and drum machine. It's like a slightly upgraded Monotron Delay.

So I'm sure you can do that on the expensive models as well.

Thanks! Good to know. smile
anselmi
sounds dusty!
SteeVtheRipper
Website says it has midi. So you can sequence it or play it from a normal keyboard prolly.
Xmit
sonically it won't be similar at all,but form factor & feature-wise Arturia have something similar (sort of )coming at NAMM... *very* affordable too.

I really can't say any more atm, as I'll get in trouble ! But if you're interested in this, then you might be interested in Arturia's new thing... cool
boxxgrooved
jcn7 wrote:

If you look at images of the front panel on google you can see there is an Aux input in the mixer section but its not clear whether that goes through the filter/vca or delay. There are 2 jacks in the filter section but its hard to read the text. I presume one must be for cutoff cv which leaves another jack either as resonance cv or an external input
a100user
SteeVtheRipper wrote:
Website says it has midi. So you can sequence it or play it from a normal keyboard prolly.

Question is can you use the touch keyboard to control other 1V/Oct stuff. Be very cool is it have CV & Gate out.
Annwn
Xmit wrote:
sonically it won't be similar at all,but form factor & feature-wise Arturia have something similar (sort of )coming at NAMM... *very* affordable too.

I really can't say any more atm, as I'll get in trouble ! But if you're interested in this, then you might be interested in Arturia's new thing... cool

I'm guessing a Beatstep with integrated Microbrute engine.

Anyway, this Gen R-8 is quite interesting. Looking forward to hearing some proper demos and hi-res photos. Sounds very beefy so far.
anselmi
Xmit wrote:

oh..no... sad banana

not again Arturia...no more monosynths...this would be the third year you disappoint me with something that can´t play chords...

please unleash that polybrute! I know you have it in some kind of Area 51 or something!
Xmit
Quote:
I'm guessing a Beatstep with integrated Microbrute engine.

nope. hihi

Quote:
and

not again Arturia...no more monosynths...this would be the third year you disappoint me with something that can´t play chords...

nope. cool
Xmit
though don't get your hopes up for a 'true' polysynth... razz
anselmi
Xmit wrote:
though don't get your hopes up for a 'true' polysynth... razz

sad banana

I imagine that they have to cover the mircobrute range of prices with a new product...oh well..

Dead Banana
Xmit
Microfreak
gringostar
More demo video's on this.

And a NAMM video going into much more of the architecture.

Unborn Gore
This is a cool machine. Two osc, and two sub osc that can be detuned would make some nasty Polivoks-ish tones.
Licudi
Not being marketed as such, for obvious reasons, but this is very much a development of the ill-fated S2. Which sounds fantastic.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2