MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rolling Sync? WTF?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Rolling Sync? WTF?
Dave Peck
diophantine wrote:

Usually very cryptic, and hard to know what's actually going on...

That's an understatement.

Although maybe it's just me - Whenever I check out a FB link I always feel like I'm walking into the middle of a conversation that started a long time ago between people I have never heard of on a topic that I don't understand.
cygmu
Soloman just posted to say that rolling sync "Iust means you can sync any waveform to any other waveform and you get some unique sounds. It's been described as almost FM like." My first guess was a comparator. So I came back to this thread to find that KSS had already found that out. Oh well.
ranix
KSS wrote:
I asked aquatarkus directly, and it does appear that what Jammie called rolling sync could be a comparator on the sync input. That's based on how once could accomplish what was described, and may not accurately reflect what they're actually doing.

Simply put, it is a sync which triggers at a selectable level.

I was asked not to share beyond this.

That's a shame - I don't know why someone would hide information like that. Describing the function of the module more accurately would increase the value of the module more than the risk of someone else implementing the idea. Preventing competing implementations is the only thing I can think of that could provide a positive benefit for withholding this information.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2