MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Random*Source Serge Mantra panel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Random*Source Serge Mantra panel
The Junglechrist
Hey there everyone ! I got one of those thing as my first 4U panel after a few years of eurorack expansion.

As there is no deicated thread on this panel I figured i'll create one. I'm wondering if there is any other users out there ? Any people curious about it feel free to fire up questions and i'll try to anwser.

We will make some videos about it with my youtube channel Wired Brain, I will post those here as well.

Anyway so far i'm totaly in love with it, the DUSG sound fantastic (maybe my favorite saw wave ever), I could ping that VCFQ for month and not be bored of the sound of it, it make crazy good acid sounds, the Sequencer is super fun to play with, hell of an instrument !
lasesentaysiete
The Junglechrist wrote:
the DUSG sound fantastic (maybe my favorite saw wave ever)

I agree. It is underrated as an oscillator.

Enjoy!
luketeaford
I have the DUSG in euro format, but the thing that surprised me so much about it is that it sounds GREAT, perhaps especially in a filter. Somewhere in Rob Hordijk's Nord Modular site, he mentions that the rising edges of waves has an effect on the filter sound and that is very clear when you combine the DUSG with a serge filter and then replace it with the saw from the NTO for example.

Looks like a great panel, and I'm looking forward to some videos!
The Junglechrist
The Euro version of the Dusg is what got me thinking I would like to have a 4U Serge panel. Realy happy I did ! I’m very impressed by the overall sound (and build) quality so far.
mathomas
Congrats! That’s my dream starter panel.
The Junglechrist
First patch with the beast last week, shit sound sorry but the real videos are coming soon ;-)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs5NPpijNf5/
mathomas
The Junglechrist wrote:
First patch with the beast last week, shit sound sorry but the real videos are coming soon ;-)

thumbs up It's peanut butter jelly time!
wavecircle
The Junglechrist wrote:

Cool first patch, followed!
lud
Really juicy panel, loads of fun there... looking forward to hearing more!
The Junglechrist
Joy and happiness ! Here the first Patch From Scratch video with the Mantra !

Avjr
The more i look at it the more i want one. Dead Banana
FatRocky
excellent thanks for sharing applause

it would be awesome to know which roles can the Active Proc play in that panel. That one doesn´t come in R*S 4x4 format which is a pity , i hope it does one day.
The Junglechrist
FatRocky wrote:

it would be awesome to know which roles can the Active Proc play in that panel. That one doesn´t come in R*S 4x4 format which is a pity , i hope it does one day.

Your welcome ! There will be more videos on it soon.

About the Active Pro so far I didn't get deep into it; basic use are of course crossfader / mixer / VCA / attenuator, the flip flop make a very nice suboscillator or basic clock divider (by two).
wavecircle
The Junglechrist wrote:
FatRocky wrote:

Your welcome ! There will be more videos on it soon.

About the Active Pro so far I didn't get deep into it; basic use are of course crossfader / mixer / VCA / attenuator, the flip flop make a very nice suboscillator or basic clock divider (by two).

Could you try a patch for me please? I am thinking about upgrading to the RS ACPR on my system.

I would like to know if the ACPR can act as a precise switch between two voltages under CV. This allows you to turn the 2x8 sequencer into a 1x16 set up. All other weird relationships are possible using a clock divider to jump between sequencer channels.

If you input the same fixed voltage to both inputs of the ACPR and use a gate to the CV in (knob should be at full CCW), does the voltage stay the same level? That part is quite important so there is no deviation in voltage.
The Junglechrist
I’ll try that tomorrow if have time ;-)
lud
Did you try the CGS and STS active processors and get poor results wavecircle?
The Junglechrist
wavecircle wrote:
If you input the same fixed voltage to both inputs of the ACPR and use a gate to the CV in (knob should be at full CCW), does the voltage stay the same level? That part is quite important so there is no deviation in voltage.

I just tried it, there is a 40 ct of pitch drop between the two channels, it also occur with nothing patched in. Appart from that the transition between the two voltages with a gate is not audible.
wavecircle
The Junglechrist wrote:
wavecircle wrote:

I just tried it, there is a 40 ct of pitch drop between the two channels, it also occur with nothing patched in. Appart from that the transition between the two voltages with a gate is not audible.

Ace, thank you for trying this patch.

I have a stroh crossfader in my system, it's not really intended to be quite the same thing as the active processor. I think I will be making the upgrade and pop some extra holes in for the flip flop.
The Junglechrist
That said it does work very well as a switch for the sequencer.
FatRocky
wavecircle wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:
wavecircle wrote:

I have a stroh crossfader in my system, it's not really intended to be quite the same thing as the active processor. I think I will be making the upgrade and pop some extra holes in for the flip flop.

Do you mean it´s possible to buy only the R*S Active Pro PCB ( from the Mantra panel) in their website?
The Junglechrist
Quick and dirty jam from yesterday that will surely turn into a track soon. Yocto 808 + Mantra = Pure weirdo electro

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtadQU-oWDr/
wavecircle
FatRocky wrote:
wavecircle wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:
wavecircle wrote:

Do you mean it´s possible to buy only the R*S Active Pro PCB ( from the Mantra panel) in their website?

Yep, just email Ralf. He has always been cool about buying individual pcbs. I have lots in my system but the active processor wasn't available when my build started.
FatRocky
wavecircle wrote:
FatRocky wrote:
wavecircle wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:
wavecircle wrote:

Yep, just email Ralf. He has always been cool about buying individual pcbs. I have lots in my system but the active processor wasn't available when my build started.

i´ll do that , thanks!

thumbs up
The Junglechrist
Hey there everyone ! I'm happy to present you our big "10 Patches" video on the Mantra panel !

Avjr
Some really cool patches!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2