MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Semi-Modular Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Semi-Modular Question
pmboos
There isn't a forum per se for semi-modular synths.... But I know all you folk are super knowledgeable and could help me.

I'm interested in what semi-modular synths may offer 3-4 routable envelopes (either via a matrix or patching). My pref would be that it also has at least 2 LFOs, but that isn't a requirement. I'm interested in routing an envelope to the rate of an LFO (while not sacrificing ones to the VCA and the VCF) and maybe having an additional one to route to something else....

Just curious what is on the market. I haven't gone to full modular yet, so I'd really like to know what exists in the semi-modular realm.
eatmykids
something like this maybe?
https://www.planktonelectronics.com/
JazzSynth
Ants is probably the only one.

Most will likely have 2 envelopes and one is likely to be AD instead of full ADSR.

If you need 3-4 envelopes modular is the way to go.
pmboos
Thanks folk... - I have Ants! (Great synth BTW) It was my first foray into this world.

It only has two envelopes (ADR and ASR). Was hoping there was one with at least a third.
Dave Peck
If you really want to stick with using semi-modulars and you really need four EGs and multiple LFOs that include rate mod inputs (or VCOs that can work as VC LFOs), you may need to get a second semi-modular and start patching them together. Maybe a Neutron?
pmboos
That's a good idea... Bet the Neutron would make a perfect choice... Not expensive and lots of patch points.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1