MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Elektron Digital Drum Machine?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author New Elektron Digital Drum Machine?
teamhobson
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs3FHTtlOry/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igs hid=yqaotv8rvmt8

New elektron teaser.

Digital drum machine like the Machinedrum in the DT/DN form factor would be my guess. A new trinityis complete.

Sounds real nice. Selfishly I hope that it won't make me regret my recent Machinedrum UW purchase.
ObsoleteModular
... or it's just a new Soundpack hihi
CoreInside
Would be funny if it was something like Korg Volca Drum
paranoidmoonduck
The best thing would be if this was adding drum synthesis capabilities to the digitakt. I assume that's not what's happening here though.
suboptimal
I'm going to hold out for Panason's review.
gentle_attack
suboptimal wrote:

Mr. Green applause
teamhobson
ObsoleteModular wrote:
... or it's just a new Soundpack hihi

Someone on elektronauts forum posted this.

Seems like it's going to be a new digital box

prae
its gonna be a new digi drum machine, has to be

i hope it's battery powered tho
synthpriest
Waiting for the new machinedrum right here. Really hoping it includes separate outputs for triggering the modular and/or separating the drum hits on the big, err I mean small board. Following with keen interest. hyper
IR
It's pretty sad that most synth manufacturers are Threatin wannabes.
GUM
I'm guessing a portable digital drum machine / sampler, something like a cross between a TE Pocket Operator and a Digitakt.
ObsoleteModular
suboptimal wrote:

lolz
ThePatheticNoob
Whatever it is, it sounds great and will probably complete the Digi trilogy
nectarios
Whatever it is, it sounds digital
ObsoleteModular
some fun speculation based on screen grabs at matrix synth

possibly granular synthesis invovled?

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2019/01/new-elektron-machine-drum-teaser.h tml

Quote:
And some guesses:

Disk (save)
Infinity (loop?)
Interconnected rings (connecting loops -> "song" mode?)
3D box (room/reverb?)
saw wave
tire track/nazi runes (hopefully the former)
A twisted box (convolution reverb?)
Wrench+waveform (configure waveform)
Circles multiplying (something with subdivisions? stereo delay with feedback?)
Growing/shrinking circles (no idea)
Pencil+tuning fork (custom tunings)
Circle + circle&blackcircle (I get a feeling it has something to do with rhythm?)
tab or sideways start/stop marker
repeat
back and forth arrows (looping back and forth feature?)
forward forward arrows (trigger sample and repeat maybe?)
curved up arrow and bars (fade in?)
>>>> forward/tire tracks (fast forward?)

19-28 are self-explanatory words
+24 (sample pitch)
127 is the maximum midi value, could represent anything.

Maybe the filled out circles have to do with morphing something? and the empty ones mean something related to that?

EDIT: What if it has something to do with granular synthesis!!! The dots could represent grains!"

"im hoping granular. looks like it might be 6 voices comprised of 2 oscillators one based on a 'machine' and the other on a sample layer. Each machine probably has its own type of resonator attached to it to mimic the physics of the percussion instruments they're representing."
gentle_attack
synthpriest wrote:
Waiting for the new machinedrum right here. Really hoping it includes separate outputs for triggering the modular and/or separating the drum hits on the big, err I mean small board. Following with keen interest. hyper

Bro OVERBRIDGE has rendered individual outs, irrelevant. w00t

A Digidrum works for me though. Even if it was just a direct port of the sounds from SPS UW mkii, with the trigger conditions, in a Digixxxx box/price... I think they would sell a ton of units. As long as there is some midi sequencer channels, you can just use a CV.OCD/Yarns/Mutant Brain... There's really no reason to hope for builtin CV outs, or chance they include individual channel outs (just not happening from Elektron).

Granular workstation sounds cool too (Little Deformer lust runs deep at my house). People making electro house outnumber the amount of people using granular techniques about 1000:1 though, even including Clouds.
AdamJay
My guesses are Digi sized MMlite/MDlite hybrid or Digi sized granular synth.
Either way, I see percussive digital synthesis as being a key feature.

As for song mode, they'll be damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they do then complaints from the usual complainers with DN or DT that they'll "have to buy another box".

If they don't, then complaints from the exact same folks that "if they would have at least put it on one box, they could use it as a song seq for the others".
Funky40
AdamJay wrote:

If they do then complaints from the usual complainers with DN or DT that they'll "have to buy another box".

If they don't, then complaints from the exact same folks that "if they would have at least put it on one box, they could use it as a song seq for the others".

what you are doing here is complaining about people,
which is a way lower level Imho then complaining about gear.
what makes this kind of "complainers" really worse in my book is that you folks are used to to let it look like it was no complainment at all.........
AdamJay
On the contrary,
I didn't say I hate complainers, or dislike them.
I have no complaint about them.

Only foreseeing the inevitable paradox of song mode's existence on the next device. The result is not the fault of the complainer, but rather the reality that they can't have what they truly want, which is song mode on earlier devices.

But anyway, back on topic...
organon
No, you are in fact complaining about complainers and you're even doing it in a thread where no one is even complaining. Please keep that brand obedient fanboy crap over at elektronauts.
nangu
Seems like you might be complaining about somebody who may or may not have been complaining about complainers.

FWIW, I am totally not complaining about complaining about possible complainer complaining.

I think the new Elektron product will be an Overbridge-equipped vuvuzela. w00t
AdamJay
It’s all good. I love complainers!
They know exactly what they want, and I admire that.

Vuvuzelas take me back to an apartment I was staying at in Valencia when Spain won the World Cup 12 hours before my flight. Didn’t get a wink of sleep due to all the vuvuzela noise in the streets. Could have used an Elektron with trig conditions back then to pass the time.

Speaking of, how cool would an Elektron digital drum synth with trig conditions be? Fingers crossed.
organon
nangu wrote:

Overbridge? Are you for real? You mean that imaginary DAW integration that is delayed for more than a year now for some of their products?
Jean Luc Cougar
Super curious about this one.

So far the most likely suspects:
- some sort of drum & bass new hardware
- software update for DigiTakt
- something granular

Thankfully only a few days to wait to get the scoop.

I was just about to pull the trigger on a new Elektron, guess I will give it a few days.
Sinamsis
organon wrote:
nangu wrote:

Overbridge? Are you for real? You mean that imaginary DAW integration that is delayed for more than a year now for some of their products?

Public beta is out now for the DT I believe. Don't know about the Digitone. Anyways, it's incredibly delayed, but it's more than imaginary.

Curious to see what this ends up being. Elektron teasers are getting old.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7