MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eurorack Stochastic Pattern generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Eurorack Stochastic Pattern generator
Rost + Licht
Hi, is there sth comparable to this great Stochastic M4L Took in Eurorack form?
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/4068/stochastic-midi

The M4L plugin lets basically lets you set a general resolution (1/16, 1/8...), Scale and Weighting of how likely the individual Keys are triggered compared to each other.
Note lengths and Velocity randomisation are also possible. The two modes absolute and relative also determine how often notes are triggered.

Its great for organic patterns with run in a certain ordered chaos.

Here is an example where I used the Plugin on an MS20 Bass Lead, its the first Element heard throughout the jam. In this example I recorded and looped a midi sequence generated by the plugin.

http://soundcloud.com/x-hx/23412a/s-o3ucG

Happy for all the input!
Rost + Licht
I should add that I own a Cirklon but still havent figured out how to get a satisfying hands on solution to built those randomised patterns without them beeing to static. Its sure for me to learn this over time, but I'm nonetheless curious if there is a solution for this in Eurorack
cptnal
Don't know about a module but I'm gonna have to try and patch one now. hyper
JohnLRice
You mean like the below? hihi

http://media.addacsystem.com/ADDAC506/downloads/ADDAC506_SignalFlow.pd f


You'll find a few more if you searchg for the word "Stochastic" on Modular Grid. Also if you search on the word "euclidean" you'll get a lot of hits for modules that you may find useful. Here's a link:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/browser?SearchName=euclidean
Steverido
Rost + Licht wrote:
Hi, is there sth comparable to this great Stochastic M4L Took in Eurorack form?
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/4068/stochastic-midi

The M4L plugin lets basically lets you set a general resolution (1/16, 1/8...), Scale and Weighting of how likely the individual Keys are triggered compared to each other.
Note lengths and Velocity randomisation are also possible. The two modes absolute and relative also determine how often notes are triggered.

Its great for organic patterns with run in a certain ordered chaos.

Here is an example where I used the Plugin on an MS20 Bass Lead, its the first Element heard throughout the jam. In this example I recorded and looped a midi sequence generated by the plugin.

http://soundcloud.com/x-hx/23412a/s-o3ucG

Happy for all the input!


What about Rebel Technologies Stoicheia?

https://www.rebeltech.org/product/stoicheia/
Paranormal Patroler
There was also a stochastic trigger sequencer called Pythoprakta (or another Xenakis name). Combined with the ADDAC 506 above, you'd get closer to what you want!
peripatitis
Once you start using these kind of tools you are bound to want more, so for everything algorithmic in euro my answer will always be Teletype.
It is very very easy to program and it has a communitity that doesn't feel threatened or hostile to help (as it is usualy in a max forum for example).
Rost + Licht
JohnLRice
he, this one ive stumbled across, but isn't it missing like the whole "musical" part of the m4l patch, like randomisation of notes, scales, rhythmic context etc.?
looks like a mighty tool for sound design and altering tho.



Paranormal Patroler
On the look for your suggestion ive stumbled across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvH2KYYJg-o
Absolutely sick and ahead of its time (still). I can only imagine how much fun it would be to be a bored orchestra musician getting into a project like this!

Ive had a free software for MacOS that operates like this; drawing pitch, length etc. Absolute lovely way of creating soundscapes!
Edit: here we go https://highc.org/



peripatitis
this module looks sick! but im just getting into eurorack and want to start with sth really hands on.


One module that seems to get close to what I'm looking for is Marbles. The ability it to Record user scales by simply putting them in by a Keyboard seems really nice. The use of the "probability" knob orders the input from notes that have been played the most to those who have been played the least. Can someone confirm if its usuable in a more musical context rather than pure chaos? Some vids in this sense would be very much appreciated.
euromorcego
Rost + Licht wrote:
JohnLRice
he, this one ive stumbled across, but isn't it missing like the whole "musical" part of the m4l patch, like randomisation of notes, scales, rhythmic context etc.?
looks like a mighty tool for sound design and altering tho.


One module that seems to get close to what I'm looking for is Marbles. The ability it to Record user scales by simply putting them in by a Keyboard seems really nice. ....

yes, marbles maybe.

Vermona has this very nice module. Basically you add the probability of certain timing division: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/vermona-randomrhythm

and they just announced a prototype that seems to be similar, but with notes and all that: https://www.instagram.com/p/BqIDt8olZdY/

There was also this strange module ... never went anyway, and the implementation seem awkward and not functional ... but i think the idea was pretty good. Kind of an algorithmic sequencer creation:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/analogue-solutions-clarke-imaginator-vcx -378
Taylor
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
There was also a stochastic trigger sequencer called Pythoprakta (or another Xenakis name). Combined with the ADDAC 506 above, you'd get closer to what you want!


The Pithoprakta is still in production and available for purchase here! This page has a bunch of videos of it in use. Combined with S+H or quantizers, it can cover randomization of note values, velocities, and rhythms, and the Div mode gives access to the divisor resolution (1/8th notes, 1/4 notes, etc.) aspect that the OP mentioned. I'm happy to answer any questions about how it may fit into your music/workflow, Rost + Licht.
Paranormal Patroler
There you go. Thanks for chiming in Taylor.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group