MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8 Input/Output jacks quality
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 Input/Output jacks quality
mbthey
Just received my new ES-8 and was surprised that all of the jacks on the unit, unlike any other mini jacks I have ever used, don't just go in with a "click" but rather multiple crunches like each port is full of broken glass. Add to that, the cords come right out with barely any force and barely perceptible physical clicking or other such disengaging sounds/clicks/resistance etc. Each of the cables wobble much more when plugged in than others on my modular too.

Is this normal for these or?
Adamalthus
mbthey wrote:
Just received my new ES-8 and was surprised that all of the jacks on the unit, unlike any other mini jacks I have ever used, don't just go in with a "click" but rather multiple crunches like each port is full of broken glass. Add to that, the cords come right out with barely any force and barely perceptible physical clicking or other such disengaging sounds/clicks/resistance etc. Each of the cables wobble much more when plugged in than others on my modular too.

Is this normal for these or?

I do love the ES-8 but I also share your concerns about the jacks. There’s no positive ‘lock’ when inserting a jack and they are both wobbly and far to easy to remove. I wonder if it’s something to do with the extra profile required for the light ring around each jack.
mbthey
That's really unfortunate.

Because these jacks are just absolute junk IMO. Certainly not what one would expect after spending over $400.

Would love to have someone from expert sleepers explain why they think their customers deserve such cheap junk jacks.
karnpapon
just purchased both Disting and ES-8 ( Jan 2019 ), but don't even have a time to touch it yet, ran quickly to put the cable to test it after reading this, unfortunately it's TRUE!, it's relatively loose compare to the other modules, can't imagine if my case is vertically align. disappointed with the socket's quality, any other encounter this issue, how can you fix that? thanks in advance.
mbthey
It sure seems to me that the CLIFF jacks in my ES-8 are perhaps counterfeit.

I am unable to locate the same translucent jacks on CLIFF's website and the jacks used on my ES-8 have the letter "A" stamped on the bottom (seen through the bottom of the translucent jack body by looking in the hole from the back) as opposed to "Cliff UK" as described here-

http://www.cliffuk.co.uk/news/news20100611.htm

Whether that is the cause of issue I do not know, but I think I will definitely be returning my new ES-8 to the retailer.

$475 is a lot to spend having to deal with such crappy jacks.

Was really looking forward to the new functionality I could get with the ES-8, but I do not want to deal with broken stuff or potential quality issues down the road. Nor do I want cables falling out of their sockets during recordings or live sets.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1