MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rossum Electro-Music - Trident
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Rossum Electro-Music - Trident
magneteyez
vytis wrote:
Excellent demo, thanks for posting this.
I'm sold.

Me too.
peripatitis
tbh I did expect a bit "more" from that sound.
I'd like to hear more demos to unravel it's potential.

Dave is a great guy and I love my evolution and the built quality of their modules are on a different level.
anselmi
it´s amazing how accurate the basic waveforms looks (and sounds)...great module that goes to my "next" list
mdoudoroff
Here’s the Analog Zone video embedded:

Looks like some impressive engineering.
-S.L-
looks and sounds like a very big wavetable module, with sounds that we heard already, at least to me.

not 100% convinced here seriously, i just don't get it
stickman
Id love to hear more square and FM

Zing is ok but to replace a load of stuff I still need lovely pwm thx
Richjk7
I was a little hesitant at first because the design reminded me of the pro2 osc's minus the Zing. After listening to the demos, to me it can go in a totally different direction. At points in the demo it sounded like it was playing a wavetable. This thing has huge potential applause
-S.L-
Richjk7 wrote:
This thing has huge potential applause

did you mean "this this is huge" ? It's peanut butter jelly time! hihi
Dragonaut
There are a couple interesting videos by Instagram user, Peff.

https://www.instagram.com/peff/?hl=en
mdoudoroff
Richjk7 wrote:
At points in the demo it sounded like it was playing a wavetable.

That’s the engineering at work: these oscillators are so well-controlled that their product converges on the clean regularity you associated with a digital wavetable.
damase
I know i would love it regardless, the evolution filter is a fantastic oscillator so i have faith. trident though does seem like its made for people who really love hard sync sounds, at least thats %90 of the demos ive seen. Id love to hear other self patched ways of using it without hard sync, although im likely not in the market anyway
deftinwulf
Dragonaut wrote:
Woah, very cool. The era of the wavetable is over! Everyone embrace new crazy wave shaping analog oscillators!

I, for one, can't tell you how ready I am for this. Between this and the Dove WTF, things are getting really cool, really fast. nanners
jmax313
Looks promising. Excited to hear more
2disbetter
Personally, I like the sandbox-y nature of the Trident. You have 3 independent oscillators, or 2 and 1, or 1 out of 3. When you consider that it is 3 oscillators, that means 10hp per oscillator, it a very space conscious module as well. Combined with other modules there just seems to be a lot this module could do.

I love Rossum modules. The engineering always just shines on them, and the build quality is next level.

Wish spring wasn't so far away.
tiger001
damase wrote:
I know i would love it regardless, the evolution filter is a fantastic oscillator so i have faith.

can you elaborate a bit how you use the evolution as an oscillator please?
2disbetter
tiger001 wrote:
damase wrote:
I know i would love it regardless, the evolution filter is a fantastic oscillator so i have faith.

can you elaborate a bit how you use the evolution as an oscillator please?

Resonance. It self oscillates and is very stable and tracks well. In fact according to their own website the filter is built to such an exacting standard that it rivals many actual oscillators in the eurorack format. I admittedly have not ever used it as an oscillator.
peripatitis
I've used it to fm other oscillators and indeed it works very nice plus when self oscillating you can use the species as a vca.
It is an brilliant filter, built probably better than any module I've seen in euro.
tiger001
yes i know it self oscilates but i just get an annoying beep from it when i do that

so how do i track it to get notes out of it?
damase
tiger001 wrote:
yes i know it self oscilates but i just get an annoying beep from it when i do that

so how do i track it to get notes out of it?

sequence into v/oct input is all it is, nothing special
adjusting the species makes for cool subtle tone changes when FMing another oscillator. enveloping the genus every once in a while can be cool too
tiger001
ok thx
ben_hex
I've had the pleasure of having a play around with this for a few days and wanting to make a video just to share my literal first patch with just exploring the initial zing, phase, symmetry mods. More to come.

https://youtu.be/eKu_j6MfZC4

"This was a real highlight of the NAMM 2019 footage (I wasn't there personally) and just the thought of a triple oscillator from Dave Rossum (previously of E-Mu, now Rossum Electro-Music) is enough to be excited about. Trident brings in "zing" modulation which is ring modulation with in sync (that's the key for musical / harmonious tones and less so clangorous ones) oscillators, symmetry and phase modulation options and plenty of control and CV inputs to really animate things. So this was the first patch I made when it when into the case and I just wanted to share that right away to show off some of the raw tones and some patches ideas with dual layer LPG control and a little pepper of FX in the background. Full demo coming around the release."
Dragonaut
ben_hex wrote:
I've had the pleasure of having a play around with this for a few days and wanting to make a video just to share my literal first patch with just exploring the initial zing, phase, symmetry mods. More to come.

Ok, so this is more like what I was hoping to hear out of this module. Unfortunately Dave's video focuses a lot on the upper range of the pitch spectrum which I don't think really shows off what kind of sounds a module like this is capable of. I won't have room for a module like this for a while but it's workflow has given me great results when I replicated it in Bazille.
Dogma
Does this do through-zero?
Marco Alpert
Dogma wrote:
Does this do through-zero?

No, these are not through-zero oscillators.
thetwlo
ben_hex wrote:
I've had the pleasure of having a play around with this for a few days and

sounds fantastic!!! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 2 of 4