MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rossum Electro-Music - Trident
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Rossum Electro-Music - Trident
prophonic
ben_hex wrote:
Trident brings in "zing" modulation which is ring modulation with in sync (that's the key for musical / harmonious tones and less so clangorous ones) oscillators, symmetry and phase modulation options and plenty of control and CV inputs to really animate things. So this was the first patch I made when it when into the case and I just wanted to share that right away to show off some of the raw tones and some patches ideas with dual layer LPG control and a little pepper of FX in the background. Full demo coming around the release."

I enjoyed your video very much, that patch was nuts! I wonder about one thing, is Trident also capable of the softer 'acoustic' side ?
Friendly Morton Subotnick atonality if you will.

By that i don't mean 3 triangle waves next to each other with no modulation, i mean an organic 'living' sound with lots of weird things going on, but without becoming abrasive or metallic. Instead soft, wooly, thick, muffled sounds with modulations and small peculiarities here and there.

Compared to a Buchla 258 there is no sine wave and i am not sure if AM is possible within the module itself, is it ?
Are wavefolding and waveshaping doable or is zing modulation giving similar results ?
ianross
I know this defeats all the cool features but i'd love to hear a demo with all three oscillators tuned together for that 3 osc moog type thing.

Also, does anyone know if these oscillators are saw core or triangle core?
Marco Alpert
Just dropping by to give a heads up that the Trident manual and Quick Start Guide have been posted to our website, along with a discussion by Dave about the inspirations that lead him to develop Trident.

Tridents will be heading to our dealers later this week.

Trident.
tiger001
do the attenuverters have a dent/stop @ the 0 postion?
is the 1V/oct input callibrated for -5 -> +5V like all other Rossum modules?
Marco Alpert
tiger001 wrote:
do the attenuverters have a dent/stop @ the 0 postion?
is the 1V/oct input callibrated for -5 -> +5V like all other Rossum modules?

The attenuverters do not have a detent at 0.

The 1V/Oct inputs can accept at least +/-10V. The actual range is limited by the range of the oscillators. You can't drive them higher than 25kHz, but they can go extremely low.
mdoudoroff
Impressive.

Dragonaut
DEAR GOD
anselmi
mdoudoroff wrote:
Impressive.

Sounds a lot like my VCO-2RM self-patched
mdoudoroff
anselmi wrote:
Sounds a lot like my VCO-2RM self-patched

Makes sense. The waveform symmetry manipulation is also similar to Just Friends.

Watching the Trident video sent me to my modular last night to tinker with syncing three AJH VCOs and running them through the AJH ring mod. While that was fun, the modulation opportunities presented by Trident just aren’t there.
Hidden_Path
mdoudoroff wrote:

Great, now that video made me want this AND a Stereo Dipole...
matttech
well these look super nice in the flesh!! Lotsa Love Lotsa Love Lotsa Love

Funky40
the module soundet much more interesting than i thought it would. (in Bens Demo)

must have been a Natural gate that was used in Bens demo right ?
not to underrate what its doing with that type of sounds wink
Dragonaut
Ben’s video showed me that this module is indeed capable of the sounds I thought it would produce. Lots of potential justifying all that space.
tommygee
Anyone got this yet ? It does sound a bit bright to my ears judging from youtube videos - even compared to my Cs-L.
stujay18
I was considering the instruo cs-l, but this has seriously gotten my attention. Has anyone used them, or at least play with them, both? If so, thoughts?
Fabong
Enjoyed the divkid demo. Will be following this topic.
bemushroomed
I really don't care for the design of the module.. what a mess. why put patch points so close to knobs etc.. at first glance it looks like someone randomly dropped knobs and patch points onto a plate and then decided to just go with it.

Sound is pretty nice from what i've heard though.
Marco Alpert
Here's another sound demo, by our good friend András Eichstaedt who helped us out with demos at Superbooth.

onthelees
bemushroomed wrote:
I really don't care for the design of the module.. what a mess. why put patch points so close to knobs etc.. at first glance it looks like someone randomly dropped knobs and patch points onto a plate and then decided to just go with it.

Sound is pretty nice from what i've heard though.

I can see where you are coming from - but at least everything is labelled and legible. Cant't say that about some modules I can think of. I would have liked to have seen things laid out vertically, rather than horizontally with patch points at the bottom.
MindMachine
If it was laid out vertically instead of horizontally it would have seemed strange to me. I like the layout. There seems to be ample room. It's not as crowded as some other modules.

It sounds real good. I really like the recent Rossum modules (Linnaeus, Trident and Panharmonium).

Just need to decide which to get first.
jmax313
Marco Alpert wrote:
Here's another sound demo, by our good friend András Eichstaedt who helped us out with demos at Superbooth.

#8 was cool!
dubonaire
MindMachine wrote:
I really like the recent Rossum modules (Linnaeus, Trident and Panharmonium).

Me too. Trident into Linnaeus is instant techno. Panharmonium is incredibly cool I'm just not sure it fits in my sonic palette.
js213
Just ordered one of these. Wanting a complex oscillator to pair with my ER-101 as both a single voice and multiple. The DivKid video sold me on it.
pekbro
It's great imho, but yeah a little cramped for those with big fingers. As an oscillator it's super precise and tight. thumbs up
Futuresound
dubonaire wrote:

Me too. Trident into Linnaeus is instant techno.

I've been wanting to hear this exact combo, do you have any samples?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4