MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

any way to CV control coco chaos & master frequency knob
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author any way to CV control coco chaos & master frequency knob
odditymedium
dunno if its got another name.... but the master frequency of the quantussy and the chaos knob... can i cv control them?

the green imputs near these two knobs are to CV control sampling the inputs right?
ookrsia
The lack of these inputs is the reason I did not get a Coco thus far smile
kozepz
ookrsia wrote:
The lack of these inputs is the reason I did not get a Coco thus far smile

hmmm.....

I didn't buy a Tesla because it couldn't make fart noises.
odditymedium
so, no way to control them?

seems odd
ookrsia
kozepz wrote:

hmmm.....

Wow, what a genius analogy.
kozepz
odditymedium wrote:
so, no way to control them?

seems odd

No, just by hand
kozepz
ookrsia wrote:
kozepz wrote:

hmmm.....

Wow, what a genius analogy.

Thanks!

After reading I ment it less awkward.
Reading your comment didn't make sense to me. CV functionality could be nice but it's not the main selling point of the Coco hence my analogy.
Scories
To me, the main selling point with any Ciat-Lonbarde instrument is 'stepping into the unknown'. Therefore any question remains pertinent. smile
The Grump
I've asked this before, but after getting to understand the internal architecture of the Quantussy more, I understand why these are knobs only.

If you add CV access points, you will add an instability to an already kind of fragile system. The FM inputs are better tools for trying to re-pitch an oscillator, and if you want to have a bit more fun, throw a variable resistor inline, and add a CV to that. To put CV points into the Chaos and Pitch controls would require the addition of VCA's at the output sections, which there is no room for on the circuit boards or in the body of the instrument itself. It's already quite full in there. Not only that, but as fun as you think it might be, the probability of getting usable sounds out drops significantly. Peter Blasser is a VERY intelligent fellow, albeit a bit ~eclectic~, and the lack of CV points is intentional. If the absence of them is holding you back from buying one, please put it out of your mind. The Cocoquantus is a masterpiece as is. I wasn't sure when I got mine, but a year later, I have no doubts.

It is, as is, the Transdimensional Portal Key. If you're ready to get lost, get a pack of these, plug them into the sockets, and bridge the connections with your fingers, or anything else you'd like. Your world will change.

https://www.amazon.com/WGGE-WG-3334-Plated-Banana-Connectors/dp/B072BD 91N1/ref=sr_1_32?crid=1WGNNKO52JV3O&keywords=banana+plugs&qid=15500931 72&s=gateway&sprefix=bana%2Caps%2C208&sr=8-32
Repeater
A simple way to do it is to cut the traces that connect V+ to the input of the voltage dividers and replace that connection with a jack. The knobs would then work as attenuators for an external signal instead of working as offset controls. Add a toggle switch to select between the external input and stock operation.

There are more complicated ways to do it that preserve the stock operation, but you'd probably need a bigger box to fit them.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1