MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New from Moog - Sirin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author New from Moog - Sirin
lisa
Quote:
The Sirin is based on the sound engine of the legendary Moog Taurus—the foot pedal-operated synthesizer first released in 1973 and re-fashioned for the limited run Taurus III in 2010. But Moog's latest creation takes the deep low-frequency tones of its stellar predecessors as its start, and then continues to climb.

spacezignul
They could have called it Sister from another Taur...
anselmi
hmmm.....

seriously, i just don't get it

EDIT:

Sirin is the first instrument in Moog’s Taurus family of bass synthesizers designed to generate pitches far above middle C, with an extended frequency range that reaches notes up to D8.

thumbs up
anselmi
Seclude yourself and let the music sweep you away. Seek to become newly aware of yourself, the world of nature around you, the people near you. And If you feel it, express yourself.

Introducing Sirin: Analog Messenger of Joy, a new instrument for creative expression that oscillates in the higher octaves of experience. Sirin is a limited-edition synthesizer module created in celebration of the Moog House of Electronicus and based on the legendary Moog Taurus sound engine.

Presented in the familiar compact form of the Moog Minitaur, Sirin is the first instrument in Moog’s Taurus family of bass synthesizers designed to generate pitches far above middle C, with an extended frequency range that reaches notes up to D8.

In this video, Nick Sanborn (Sylvan Esso, Made Of Oak) explores the power of sound using Sirin and DFAM analog synthesizers. Sanborn weaves multiplexed patterns of sound waves--translating the thoughts and feelings of the collective individual into a shared musical experience.

With the exception of the DFAM’s percussive analog backbeat, all sounds in this video come from Sirin. Nick Sanborn uses the free downloadable Sirin Editor Librarian software to automate and recall parameter settings as he layers multiple monophonic tracks from Sirin.

A limited production run of 2500 Sirin will be produced by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory in Asheville, NC--after which no more will be available. Sirin is available for order right now at www.mooghouseofelectronicus.com
Muse FTW
I dig it. Cool visual design definitely helps. Have been on a desktop synth binge in the last year and this one seems like a nice entry.
anselmi
moog house of electronicus?

sounds like a...church

btw, that´s a very rich hippie! hihi
AdamJay
spacezignul wrote:

Rolls right off the tongue.
rplktr
AdamJay wrote:
spacezignul wrote:

Or just... "Sistaur".
digitalganesha
There's something oddly relieving and liberating about not being interested in Moog anymore.
rowsbywoof
rplktr wrote:
AdamJay wrote:
spacezignul wrote:

Or just... "Sistaur".

d'oh!

This little Moog popup is coming to my neighborhood this weekend, and I've got a seat to swing by on Saturday afternoon. Figured I'd just play around with the DFAM or something, but now I'll get to give this little Sistaur a go, as well.
j_dowe
anselmi wrote:

that's Nick Sanborn of Sylvan Esso ... I imagine he earns his living (and equipment) from his music.

he didn't look very hippie-ish when Sylvan Esso first started out. I guess success facilitates such things.
anselmi
j_dowe wrote:
anselmi wrote:

that's Nick Sanborn of Sylvan Esso ... I imagine he earns his living (and equipment) from his music.

he didn't look very hippie-ish when Sylvan Esso first started out. I guess success facilitates such things.

Just a joke ... not to be taken seriously
Panason
Quote:
A limited production run of 2500 Sirin will be produced by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory in Asheville, NC--after which no more will be available.

digitalganesha wrote:
There's something oddly relieving and liberating about not being interested in Moog anymore.

thumbs up
Synth Con Meo
digitalganesha wrote:

I hear ya, except unfortunately I am on the other side of the coin. I'm still kind of a Moog Fanboi. So this stupid little thing has me (right or wrongly) intrigued. And right away I went and looked at the order page to see how much it was. I haven't ordered one, don't really need it (like a lot of the gear out there).

I have been actually waiting to see if they are ever going to release the Sub-Harmonicon for production. That would look good mounted with my DFAM and Mother 32's.

So good on you for getting out of the fray.
rowsbywoof
I figure for most synths 2,500 is a proper (plentiful) run, but I can see this become scarce with people who buy and stick it on a shelf waiting for the inevitable sell-out and price hike. $599 today, $1599 tomorrow. Thus is the way of our flipper-centric-culture.
Foghorn
Quote:
Nick Sanborn uses the free downloadable Sirin Editor Librarian software to automate and recall parameter settings

And just like its Mini little lower brother it seems that you have to have a laptop right there to use it completely.
My biggest complaint about my Minituar

Foghorn
-S.L-
I love Moog, but they are just out of ideas & technology.

Everything is the same thing, base on basic waveforms from the 60's and a ladder filter.

Yeah it sounds great, but it's the same over and over !
CF3
-S.L- wrote:
I love Moog, but they are just out of ideas & technology.

Everything is the same thing, base on basic waveforms from the 60's and a ladder filter.

Yeah it sounds great, but it's the same over and over !

I agree!
spacezignul
Sorry wait what is the name again?? Siri? Siren? Sarin?... I think this thing just going to be known as that kind of minitaur with yellow or something colours.. Ah well sad banana
spacezignul
The other thing is... I think Moog is just being environmentally friendly here I guess.. You know using old parts, not letting things go to waste... Re-using, re-cycling.. Saving energy... That is commendable right applause
Dragonaut
Foghorn wrote:
Quote:
Nick Sanborn uses the free downloadable Sirin Editor Librarian software to automate and recall parameter settings

And just like its Mini little lower brother it seems that you have to have a laptop right there to use it completely.
My biggest complaint about my Minituar

Foghorn

Yeah, I'm intrigued as to what's hidden in that editor but haven't found any info yet!
Flareless
digitalganesha wrote:

Yes there is.
calaveras
It's almost like Moog is simultaneosly the most overpriced synth stuff and the entry level.

After you get over Moog, you are free to just be in to sound design. Not 'phat Mooog Basss".

Is there really any difference between this and the Minitaur, aside from osc range?

OTOH, I applaud the new direction they are taking with panel graphics.
j_dowe
calaveras wrote:

Is there really any difference between this and the Minitaur, aside from osc range?

that's what i'm wondering about. and does it lose any of its effectiveness in the bass range w/ the revamped oscillator?

i'd be tempted to trade my minitaur for it, but i'm afraid it's not worth the $$$ i'd lose in selling and buying...
donato
rowsbywoof wrote:
I figure for most synths 2,500 is a proper (plentiful) run, but I can see this become scarce with people who buy and stick it on a shelf waiting for the inevitable sell-out and price hike. $599 today, $1599 tomorrow. Thus is the way of our flipper-centric-culture.

Maybe. I think you’re more likely than not going to be able to pick one up during next Black Friday for 15% or more off. It always happens.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4