MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Qu-Bit Chord v2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Qu-Bit Chord v2
Qu-Bit Electronix
Hi all! We're excited to announce the Chord v2.
Polyphony is back!
Half the size - twice the functionality.

- 14hp
- ETA: May
- $299
- New waveforms
- Full polyphonic mode
- Custom chord tunings
- User loaded wavetables
- FM input
Demo videos will be up shortly!

plainjanefrancis
V. Nice! Looking forward to the demo vid. Interested in this chord tuning!
JFane
Can't wait to pick this up. Loved my old Chord but it was just too big.
mdoudoroff
I am favorably impressed.

Q: in polyphonic mode, do the four jacks v/oct, lead/bass, quality and voicing become the pitch inputs for each voice?
ultar
This looks awesome! I'm very intrigued at the possibility of building or breaking down chords by sending those outs to different vcas and opening them at different intervals.

Nice looking & functional layout too
hawkfuzz
mdoudoroff wrote:
I am favorably impressed.

Q: in polyphonic mode, do the four jacks v/oct, lead/bass, quality and voicing become the pitch inputs for each voice?

Yes

BASS is now LEAD

AnalogAssailant
Improvements in all the right areas and with programmable chords, excellent!

Will buy.
Carl Licroy
Really nice but I wish the sd card were accessible on the front panel.
ugokcen
I like it a lot. Seems to be a well balanced design it terms of features and usability.

I used to think that if I wanted to play chords I would just pull up a softsynth and play on the keyboard, but this module approaches chords from a totally different perspective. It would be great for getting out of a rut and/or learning more music theory.
racooniac
damn i think this new chord is too good to pass up xD
good job!
ugokcen
Does anybody know if this has a built-in quantizer?
juuso
Does it have slide functionality and how does the harmonizing react to slides in incoming sequences?
Palladio
Starts to look like a very interesting module!
zoneswithoutpeople
Chord V2 looks pretty awesome, been wanting something like this for a while.

V1 was just absurdly large, this is much more useable!

And it seems like it would pair well with the Sinfonion quantizer since it has 4 independent inputs for polyphony! Looking forward to trying it out.
jmax313
JFane wrote:
Can't wait to pick this up. Loved my old Chord but it was just too big.

Agreed. Will be picking this one up.
moosey2juicy
I'm hoping lots of people start selling their original Chord modules so I can pick one up for cheap. I've been holding off on pulling the trigger.
Mikeyg3k
All over
This
Qu-Bit Electronix
Hey guys, we're happy to announce that polyphony is back!
Chord v2 is SHIPPING TODAY!!

New chords, new sounds, full polyphony and custom wavetable abilities.
14HP, $299, Available Now!

Chord v2 Video
Product Page

nanners Rockin' Banana!
behndy
yah. looks too damn good. ORDERED.

because i'm on Cali like the fine folks at QuBit, it ended up way cheaper to order from Detroit Modular.

do you know when they'll be getting theirs in to ship?

SO TASTY. VERY EXCITE.
rew_
ordered via Perfect Circuit. did not realize Qu Bit sold direct, will go that route in the future
behndy
lol. i have the same problem with PC. they're awesome, but we're the same state, so i get charged tax. and with coupon codes it can be like a $60 price swing ln a $3 hundy module.

but yesssss. i try to buy Direct From Builder when possible.
Carl Licroy
Seems like SD card slot is on the front panel we're not worthy
propertyof
Pardon my noob questions, is it possible to use it to control another oscillator modules?
Or maybe connect it to a CV-to-MIDI module so I can control my MIDI devices with it?
SlyFrank
Very interested in this module. I see that there is no manual yet for this new version (still the MK1 version on your website). No worries, I'm in no hurry. Only reason I bring this up is that I know that this new version offers the user the ability to program user (microtonal) scales/chords, from what you've said previously. Since this is how I make most of my music now I'd need to see how this is implemented in this updated iteration.

There are now a couple of amazing quantizers that can deal with microtonal scales, and with multiple oscillators, etc, I've been having lots of fun. But this, all in one package, seems like it could offer increased possibilities..

I'm quite sure it will be awesome! Just need more info...

Cheers Guinness ftw!
rew_
propertyof wrote:
Pardon my noob questions, is it possible to use it to control another oscillator modules?

No, it's an oscillator itself.

propertyof wrote:
Or maybe connect it to a CV-to-MIDI module so I can control my MIDI devices with it?

Also no. This module outputs audio, not cv. It sounds like you may be looking for a quantizer to send pitch cv to your oscillators?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4