MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Qu-Bit Chord v2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Author Qu-Bit Chord v2
Clumsy
Nutritional Zero wrote:
I just spent the morning removing the other oscillators from my system.

I'm heading in a different direction: I've pre-ordered an ACL Sinfonion so all of my oscillators can play well together.

Quote:
I’m currently having a lot of fun with Three Sisters as the filter for Chord, since it allows simultaneous animation of three of Chord’s voices by pushing the position of the three filter cores around to create space in the mix.

I was thinking Make Noise QPAS or SSF Stereo Dipole would work well with it.
Nutritional Zero
Here are some further investigations I recorded over the last couple of days!
I try to do something a little different every time... Marbles always provides the pitch CV, there's always Magneto at the end, but the stuff in the middle is always different.

Southfork
Clumsy wrote:
I really love this module. I've hardly touched another oscillator since I got it. Here's another "demo" created with one instance of Chord V2...

[s]https://soundcloud.com/clumsy-gods/chord-music-no-2[/s]

Wow love this! What are using to sequence this? Sounds great!
joeSeggiola
Nutritional Zero wrote:

Wow, that's amazing. I particularly enjoyed part 2. Do you mind sharing some details of that patch?
guigui
Does anyone here who owns one had de v1? Was there any improvement on sound?

It may seem like a stupid question but why do you guys think the v1 was badly rated on modulargrid?
Clumsy
Southfork wrote:
Wow love this! What are using to sequence this? Sounds great!

Thanks! A sequence on the Arturia Keystep is supplying the root note for the chord progression (and possibly the gate for the Mix out part). The Keystep is being clocked by Pamela's New Workout, which is also supplying all the other gates and triggers (and some modulation). The individual outs of the Chord V2 are going into a Doepfer A151 sequential switch to create the arpeggio. A copy of the root out is being triggered differently to create the "brass" part.
Nutritional Zero
joeSeggiola wrote:
Nutritional Zero wrote:

Wow, that's amazing. I particularly enjoyed part 2. Do you mind sharing some details of that patch?

Hi Joe, here are some patch notes.

Marbles t1, t2, t3 out to Stages attack/decay envelopes.
Marbles t1 and t3 multed to Cold Mac Or1 and Or2, Or out to Just Friends.
Marbles x1, x2, and x3 to Chord in unison poly mode.
Marbles x1 and x3 multed to Cold Mac And1 and And2, And out to Chord.
Chord outs to two Optomixes
Stages opens three of four Optomix channels, Just Friends opens the last.
Three of four Optomix outs to Three Sisters.
Three Sisters outs plus last Optomix out to X-Pan. X-Pan to Magneto.
Modulation of Three Sisters, Just Friends, and Stages by Batumi (attenuated).
Nutritional Zero
mdoudoroff
guigui wrote:
Does anyone here who owns one had de v1? Was there any improvement on sound?

It may seem like a stupid question but why do you guys think the v1 was badly rated on modulargrid?

The sound engine on Chord 2 is completely different than the one on Chord 1. “Improvement” in this case is subjective, but the Chord 1 could only morph between four basic waveforms, whereas Chord 2 has a customizable wavetable system.

I wouldn’t take ratings on ModularGrid too seriously. That said, Chord 1 was maligned for a number of reasons. It was huge considering the number of control elements. The “music theory” portion was significantly “dumbed down” from the earlier prototype, so some expectations were dashed. Actually, the entire module was dumbed down if you look at what they were originally considering. (The original “music theory” portion of the Chord prototype eventually became the Instruo Harmonaig quantizer.) In general, the module felt limited, and like a missed opportunity to many. On the other hand, Chord 1 has its fans to this day, presumably because it happens to fit in well with their particular process.
tetsutestu
Hi all! I just picked up a Chord v2 and for some reason I'm getting NO audio out from both the 5th and 7th outputs. The most I can hear is dull pops when oscillating the Bank, but that's it.
What am I missing??
Clumsy
tetsutestu wrote:
Hi all! I just picked up a Chord v2 and for some reason I'm getting NO audio out from both the 5th and 7th outputs. The most I can hear is dull pops when oscillating the Bank, but that's it.
What am I missing??

Are those voices heard in the mix output? Have you played with the voicing and tuning? Sometimes it's possible for the higher voices to go beyond human hearing (or the range of the module - I'm not sure which).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Page 4 of 4