MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Qu-Bit Bloom
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Qu-Bit Bloom
Qu-Bit Electronix
Bloom is a fractal sequencer capable of generating infinitely evolving sequences!

- 16HP
- ETA: September
- $329
- Fractal sequencing algorithm - 2 channels of sequencing
- 32 steps
- per step slew
- per step ratchets
- 2 programmable gate outputs
- 32 saveable patterns per channel

Demo videos will be up shortly!

spinalbeatz
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to some demos. This is fun!
MARK27
Now this looks interesting.

The TINRS Tuesday presents a really convenient way to get a sequence going fast, but the sequences are pre-programmed. This looks like it might offer similar convenience, but without the sense that you're just scrolling through presets.

I really love those QuBit guys. They are very clever. applause
hawkfuzz
The Marbles is good at getting sequences going as well.

Very curious as to how this workflow goes.
Esgal
I really like the concept behind this, and the video from NAMM really reinforced it. The ability to have your sequence gradually wander down a path is, from an artistic/storytelling POV, quite appealing! And since my music follows a story, I could totally see myself using this.

Southfork
Actually like all 3 of the new modules, They even managed to surprise me with the v2 chord, moved it along far more than i imagined.
synonymist
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:
Bloom is a fractal sequencer capable of generating infinitely evolving sequences!

- 16HP
- ETA: September
- $329
- Fractal sequencing algorithm - 2 channels of sequencing
- 32 steps
- per step slew
- per step ratchets
- 2 programmable gate outputs
- 32 saveable patterns per channel

Demo videos will be up shortly!

xthrasherx
I largely try to ignore NAMM and the GAS inducing wave that follows, but Bloom just shot up on my short list. May be time to finally retire my Renè hihi
FarmerPhilip
Wow X3...

I'm gonna predict a whole BUNCH of V1 Chords flooding the used market real soon...

And unlike Braids / Plaits, I'm gonna go for the V2 this time.

Really looking forward to a deep dive video on Prism.

Don't usually see big stuff coming out of NAMM, but dayummmm!
SonicVoltage
These look like three great versatile useful and novel modules. Wow Qu-Bit, nice one!
Franktree
The Bloom looks particularly interesting. But sad we have to wait until the fall. That’s so long from now!
Blicken Synths
This looks very interesting indeed
Qu-Bit Electronix
Fractal Sequencing is here!
16HP, $329, Shipping Today.

- Infinitely evolving melodies
- Two independent channels
- 32 steps per channel for base sequence, 256 steps for generated sequences
- Ratchets, per step slew, quantized output, and transpose control
- 8 pattern locations w/ save, load, copy, and erase functionality

Bloom Video
Product Page
gonkulator
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:
Fractal Sequencing is here!
16HP, $329, Shipping Today.

Thanks, done.
deftinwulf
Congrats on the new module launch, Qu-Bit. applause
ifgriffiths
Can’t wait to try this!
MARK27
I just finished reading through the manual. This seems like a really powerful sequencer, with its own approach to creation and variation. However, there are so many potential variables and values that you really have to rely on lots of button-encoder combos and page changes that can only be indicated by LEDs. The UI doesn't sound intuitive at all, but there is no way to really know until we actually get our hands on the Bloom.

The Qu-Bit guys definitely set a high bar for themselves this time around. That being said, they tend to give so much thought to UI that if anyone can pull this off, it would be them.

I guess I'll report back when I get it in my grubby little hands.

screaming goo yo
Kirk Degiorgio
also just read the manual - quick initial question. It says the Root note is indicated by 8 Trunk LEDS. how do we see all 12 note choices?
MARK27
Quote:
how do we see all 12 note choices?

It doesn't sound like it visually indicates note choices, only which step you are on in the length of the sequence.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
MARK27
MARK27 wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't sound like it visually indicates note choices, only which step you are on in the length of the sequence.

Then again, in reference to the Root control the manual also says this:

The LEDs will display the current octave and note along the trunk sequence. The Octave will be indicated by the four center LEDs while the note within the octave will be indicated by the 8 Trunk LEDs.

So I'm confused. If you are using the LEDs down the column of step encoders for note choice (presumably changing with each clock pulse), then those same LEDs can't be used to show which step you are in the sequence.

Maybe one of our Qu-Bit fellas will answer this question.

Additional note to Qu-Bit fellas: The manual would be greatly helped by including examples, describing step-by-step operation during common use cases. Just a thought!
Zymos
Looks like it could be really cool, though, as written above, might be kind of a pain to get things set up. Presets probably take away some of that pain though.

To me, "ratchet" means subdividing a step. Their use of the term is what I think of as "repeat"- per the manual, if you set ratchet to 8, it plays that step 8 times then moves to the next step.
forrest
First quick demo I've seen of it :

https://www.instagram.com/p/B266mmRHckZ/

Being a big fan of melodies from lorenz attractors & turing machines, I love the idea of mutating melodies without completely destroying the source material with every iteration. Look forward to seeing more of what this thing can do.
matttech
Wow, that was a really nice demo applause
Kirk Degiorgio
MARK27 wrote:
Quote:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

according to the manual the LEDS will indicate various different parameters. For example - Scale choice. I assume pressing SHIFT and then turning a particular encoder takes the LEDS out of sequencer stage mode temporarily.
yellowecho
Bump. Does anyone know if Bloom can quantize external CV? I was thinking how it might be a great partner to a Turing Machine. If I patch the Seq out to the Root of Bloom would it work as a quantizer or just as a related sequence? Or can you not change the Trunk with CV?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3