MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Qu-Bit Prism
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Qu-Bit Prism
Joey P.
I had a little Qu-bit frenzy at my local dealer a couple weeks ago and picked up Scanned and Prism. I already had a Nebulae.

The filter is surprisingly good. You wouldn't know it was digital. You can change filter type input to a clock input, which makes the unit way more useful to me. Bit crushing the delay with decimate at 3:00 brings a classic low bit 80's delay sound that warms up the repeats in a crunchy way.

The dual mode is really great...filter before delay for long delays where you can get bouncing, animated filter sweeps, or delay with short comb filter into main filter for Oscillator type duties.

Really loving it, particularly after the Nebulae to add filter sweep delays to the Nebulae mangle.
Jlevine711
How is this as a simple clockable delay? Are you able to do that with it? Thanks!
Nutritional Zero
Yep, it’s no problem, just see page 10 of the manual for details on enabling this secondary function.

The state is stored between power cycles too. cool
Joey P.
I guess if you want to do comb filtering/phasing effect you would not want to clock the delay so you can get really precise micro delay times, but the first thing I did was enable CLOCK mode, and haven't switched back yet.
I can see some creative ways of sequencing the filter type selector though....hmmm I'm going to have to visit that.
Parnelli
I've been wanting a stereo processor but haven't made a decision on which yet. This unit seems like a great answer to my needs! I recently picked up a Pulsar and am very happy with it. I'm normally not one for digital products, but I was able to pick it up easily and make it do all sorts of neat things in short order.

I'll be looking into this module a little deeper!
Jlevine711
Nutritional Zero wrote:
Yep, it’s no problem, just see page 10 of the manual for details on enabling this secondary function.

The state is stored between power cycles too. cool

Awesome thanks! How are people using it? Good for glitching up beats I assume?
placebo92
Nutritional Zero wrote:
If you've already got Chronoblob 2 why not buy the Alright Devices' own T Wrex to go in the FX loop and roll your own filter? T Wrex has lots of CV inputs for the decimator. (The only thing I could wish for on Prism is more control over the decimator, but I can't quite put my finger on how, and I'm not sure I would want the module to be any larger in exchange. Maybe an alternate mode or something.)

Both excellent setups, but I'm not sure I'd sell a Chronoblob... yet.

A nice idea.. Thing is I've got 0 free space which is why I'd have to free up the Chrono's 12hp to make room.. I think I just want to buy something new lol. Must work on my impulse control Om

One thing I didn't really think about before is the lack of wet/dry on Prism, has that not been something you've found yourself wanting? I guess it's easy enough to patch that up, though does take precious resources.
Nutritional Zero
Jlevine711 wrote:
Awesome thanks! How are people using it? Good for glitching up beats I assume?

Yeah, load a drum loop on Nebulae 2 (or sampler of choice). Feed bursts of random voltage to the decimator and random gates to the freeze input. It can get pretty gnarly, watch the resonance on the filter.
Nutritional Zero
placebo92 wrote:
One thing I didn't really think about before is the lack of wet/dry on Prism, has that not been something you've found yourself wanting? I guess it's easy enough to patch that up, though does take precious resources.

The Comb knob seems to do precisely that. Rotating it CW seems to increase the feedback as well as relative wet/dry blend. I seemed to lose a bit of input gain past 12 o’clock which made me think it’s wet/dry...

The decimator is kind of its own wet/dry so that one’s fine.

The ONLY thing I can currently think of that I would like is the ability to sculpt the decimator a little more. I don’t really know anything about SRR/BRR but I wish I had option to select from different aliasing textures or alter the behaviour and range of the decimator panel control... There are some sweet spots at around 7 o’clock or 8 o’clock, I’d like to explore variations of those rather than going into full-on crunch so readily...
sukyaneer

A bit of Nebulae with Prism, using the n16 controller which has been great first. A very simple exploration that explores some of the possibilities

[/video]
Gyroscope
sukyaneer wrote:

A bit of Nebulae with Prism, using the n16 controller which has been great first. A very simple exploration that explores some of the possibilities

[/video]

The video can't be read. I'd be interested in seeing it (for the Prism but also for the Faderbank).
Nutritional Zero
edit: double post
Nutritional Zero
Nutritional Zero wrote:

I’ll try to repost Scanner’s vid so hopefully it can be seen by more... You’ll definitely want to watch this one if the Nebulae/Prism pairing interests you.
sukyaneer
Nutritional Zero wrote:
Nutritional Zero wrote:

I’ll try to repost Scanner’s vid so hopefully it can be seen by more... You’ll definitely want to watch this one if the Nebulae/Prism pairing interests you.

Thanks for reposting this. I was literally rushing out of the door when I posted it and it failed the first time, so tried again and didn't realise it had posted twice. I can't see any way to actually delete a post here though to tidy things up. And I do like to keep things tidy.

Sorry guys! :-)
Gyroscope
Great video!
sukyaneer
Gyroscope wrote:
Great video!

Thank you!
Joey P.
sukyaneer wrote:

Very nice!

Getting the Prism really breathed new life into me for using the Nebulae. They have quite a symbiotic relationship.
Andy137
Is filter in Prism comparable to single module filter or it's like filters in Disting?
Joey P.
Andy137 wrote:
Is filter in Prism comparable to single module filter or it's like filters in Disting?

Not familiar with the Disting, but for a digital filter, the Prism sounds excellent. It has "single module" filter features such as CV control for cutoff, resonance and filter type. IMO, the fact that it's digital and you can crush the bitrate is one of its best features.

One note, you cannot CV control filter type when syncing the delay, as they both use the same input.
Andy137
Joey P. wrote:
Andy137 wrote:

Not familiar with the Disting, but for a digital filter, the Prism sounds excellent. It has "single module" filter features such as CV control for cutoff, resonance and filter type. IMO, the fact that it's digital and you can crush the bitrate is one of its best features.

One note, you cannot CV control filter type when syncing the delay, as they both use the same input.

Maybe with stackcables?
Joey P.
Andy137 wrote:
Joey P. wrote:
Andy137 wrote:

Maybe with stackcables?

I don't think so. You press a button combination to choose if the filter type CV input changes the filter or accepts clock.
mdoudoroff
I was not enthused about this module. I now am.

sir stony
Hopefully, I'll get my prism tomorrow. hyper
Very much looking forward to it, so much it can do from what I've seen so far!
Hidden_Path
mdoudoroff wrote:
I was not enthused about this module. I now am.

Ditto after watching Ben's video! SlayerBadger!
Virusinstaller
New DivKid Video
Such a great module
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_6cl1f4RQw
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 2 of 4