MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CV to Prophet 5 Rev2 CV in?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author CV to Prophet 5 Rev2 CV in?
sawtooth
Hello,
I have an old Prophet 5 Rev 2 with Gate and CV in and I want to send CV from my modular to it.

I tried sending CV — from YARNS, QCV from Rene, even tried with the pitch output of the Keystep — to Prophet 5 CV in, but it didn't work...

I read somewhere that this is possible but its not working for me.
Any ideas? any specific cable I should be using?

Thank you!
moremagic
iirc the prophet had a few different control modes, one for patch memory, one for panel control -- is external cv a separate mode? the manuals ive found so far are for Rev 3's but my understanding is the rev 2's were a little hinkier on both the analog and digital sides so there being some handshake procedure to initiate external cv/gate wouldnt surprise me
Graham Hinton
sawtooth wrote:
I read somewhere that this is possible but its not working for me.
Any ideas? any specific cable I should be using?

Did you provide a Gate as well? The CV is sampled on the rising edge of the Gate and one voice is stolen, i.e. the keyboard plays 4-part polyphony.
knows
Did you provide a Gate as well? The CV is sampled on the rising edge of the Gate and one voice is stolen, i.e. the keyboard plays 4-part polyphony.[/quote]

This is how my rev 3.3 works.
sawtooth
Thank you for your replies.

I am sending a gate as well.
The gate can be heard and works, but the CV in does not seem to change the pitch.
I have tried sending CV from RENE's QCV output, and also from the KEYSTEP.

My prophet has Kenton MIDI and I wonder if this somehow prevents the CV in from working?..
Graham Hinton
sawtooth wrote:
My prophet has Kenton MIDI and I wonder if this somehow prevents the CV in from working?..

Those old Kenton MIDI retrofits really hacked an instrument, are you sure that the CV In jack is still connected? You could ask Kenton or for that matter you could ask Wine Country or even Dave Smith.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1