MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modified Synthi Jazz Trio: Edit, Now as a 4 piece
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Modified Synthi Jazz Trio: Edit, Now as a 4 piece
dan_p
Prepare to be amazed, prepare to be astounded! For one night only I present to you the Modified Synthi Sax Trio.......

This patch made me laugh. I was bopping about giving it the tweak for about half an hour and thought I'd better record it.

One thing the video doesn't show which is nice is that there is some variable FM modulation using the joystick. (I left it in the sexy sax sweet spot for your listening pleasure though). I use Output 2 controlled by up/dwn for the mod depth and lef/right joystick for pitch of the modulator (orc 1 in this patch) This variable FM is one of the reasons why I like the Synthi with the MK2 layout instead of the separate osc outs.
(The other reason is that Papz forgot to do it LOL...) sad banana

Anywho, this was a nice simple patch that demonstrated getting the effect of multiple lines going within the same patch. To me at least it sounds like Drums, Bass and Sax. I like the 8 bit sounding drums too. Love me some FM plinking. The bass does sound a bit like a tuba so I may well think about writing a Synthi does brass classics album, I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes.

For those of you familiar with Vic and Bob from Big Night Out / Shooting Stars fame (english comedy duo) Try singing along club style to the video.

Edit:

So I kind of liked the patch and tweaked it again to be a little less les dawson. Its now a 4 piece and the band have become quite serious...

papz
Cool patch applause
Thanks for recording and sharing. The kind of selfplaying patch I also can enjoy for hours.

Shame on me I forgot to do the matrix layout modification. (hides)
But this gave you a good discount wink

This mod is not very difficult to DIY, though a bit time consuming, and needs no recalibration.
I recently updated my website page with a clear wiring diagram.
dan_p
Yes, Shame on you you Papz hihi

I'm not going to be doing myself any time soon so its a nice excuse to come to Belgium again!!

papz wrote:
Cool patch applause
Thanks for recording and sharing. The kind of selfplaying patch I also can enjoy for hours.

Shame on me I forgot to do the matrix layout modification. (hides)
But this gave you a good discount wink

This mod is not very difficult to DIY, though a bit time consuming, and needs no recalibration.
I recently updated my website page with a clear wiring diagram.
papz
You're welcome Chugging Beers
dan_p
You make the pie Papz ,I'll be right there

papz wrote:
You're welcome Chugging Beers
papz
Enjoyed the Quartet as well. thumbs up

Can't wait for the Big Band ! SlayerBadger!
dan_p
papz wrote:
Enjoyed the Quartet as well. thumbs up

Can't wait for the Big Band ! SlayerBadger!

I've run out of pins.... Mr. Green
adam
dan_p wrote:

For those of you familiar with Vic and Bob from Big Night Out / Shooting Stars fame (english comedy duo) Try singing along club style to the video.

For those unfamiliar

edit, can just play the two vids at the same time if you like
thermisonic
I never cease to be surprised by the sounds you can get from these instruments. Great sound!

Rob
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1