MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SSF Stereo Dipole filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author SSF Stereo Dipole filter
anselmi
the era of "stereo" and "multipole" begins!

coolshirtdotjpg
I'd like to hear some demos, as they were sort of trolling make noise over it. I think they are fairly different. This definitely fits into the SSF aesthetic; clean, functional, flexible. With that said, what excited me about the MN filter was the sound and the interesting stereo effects. I'd really like to see how this stacks up sonically.
NoLegs
I think it will be different, but good. The samples I’ve heard so far have been mono but the filter itself sounds really great.
cackland
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
they were sort of trolling make noise over it


How so?
danfastlikeflan
cackland wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
they were sort of trolling make noise over it


How so?


This instagram post
jzwoopwoop
danfastlikeflan wrote:
cackland wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
they were sort of trolling make noise over it


How so?


This instagram post


That ain’t trolling and it ain’t "sort of" trolling.
sharkminusbear
Yea not trolling at all... more like a "I've been developing a complex quad filter as well, just letting people know before they spend their money"
Bobby
Personally can't wait for Cwejman, Macbeth and Schippmann to do stereo filters.
cackland
Need demos before I would consider this over the QPAS.
cackland
Bobby wrote:
Personally can't wait for Cwejman, Macbeth and Schippmann to do stereo filters.


Might be waiting a longgg time
BTG
Bobby wrote:
Personally can't wait for Cwejman, Macbeth and Schippmann to do stereo filters.


Schippman does have a stereo filter. Macbeth had a dual mono filter (Dual SVF).

Haible Dual Wasp is a very nice stereo filter. HN MMM VCF is very clean and easy to use (I have one for sale). WMD Overseer is rock solid but definitely feels and sounds like a DJ mixer.
coolshirtdotjpg
jzwoopwoop wrote:
danfastlikeflan wrote:
cackland wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
they were sort of trolling make noise over it


How so?


This instagram post


That ain’t trolling and it ain’t "sort of" trolling.


I am not about to spend my morning debating the semantics of trolling, but... when someone releases a new module and you tell everyone... oh, that's cool, wait until everyone sees mine, you are trolling a bit.
jzwoopwoop
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
I am not about to spend my morning debating the semantics of trolling, but... when someone releases a new module and you tell everyone... oh, that's cool, wait until everyone sees mine, you are trolling a bit.


Respectfully disagree. This wasn't the first time Andrew had teased this product. I think you're also ignoring (unintentionally) a larger context too: that MakeNoise is a goliath compared to SSF in the modular wold. So I'm quite sympathetic to SSF, who has been developing this module somewhat openly, only for one of the biggest names in the industry come and somewhat suddenly release a similar product.

I certainly see your point, coolshirt, and all I was trying to get at is-- the term "trolling" can be quite triggering, and I think there are at least enough ways to interpret this that it's in poor form to openly declare this as an example of trolling. Whether you agree or disagree with the timing of Andrew's instagram post, it's def not trolling to me.
imxtristan
jzwoopwoop wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
I am not about to spend my morning debating the semantics of trolling, but... when someone releases a new module and you tell everyone... oh, that's cool, wait until everyone sees mine, you are trolling a bit.


Respectfully disagree. This wasn't the first time Andrew had teased this product. I think you're also ignoring (unintentionally) a larger context too: that MakeNoise is a goliath compared to SSF in the modular wold. So I'm quite sympathetic to SSF, who has been developing this module somewhat openly, only for one of the biggest names in the industry come and somewhat suddenly release a similar product.

I certainly see your point, coolshirt, and all I was trying to get at is-- the term "trolling" can be quite triggering, and I think there are at least enough ways to interpret this that it's in poor form to openly declare this as an example of trolling. Whether you agree or disagree with the timing of Andrew's instagram post, it's def not trolling to me.


I fail to see how a product announced during NAMM- a time we've come to expect announcements, is trolling.
jzwoopwoop
imxtristan wrote:
jzwoopwoop wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
I am not about to spend my morning debating the semantics of trolling, but... when someone releases a new module and you tell everyone... oh, that's cool, wait until everyone sees mine, you are trolling a bit.


Respectfully disagree. This wasn't the first time Andrew had teased this product. I think you're also ignoring (unintentionally) a larger context too: that MakeNoise is a goliath compared to SSF in the modular wold. So I'm quite sympathetic to SSF, who has been developing this module somewhat openly, only for one of the biggest names in the industry come and somewhat suddenly release a similar product.

I certainly see your point, coolshirt, and all I was trying to get at is-- the term "trolling" can be quite triggering, and I think there are at least enough ways to interpret this that it's in poor form to openly declare this as an example of trolling. Whether you agree or disagree with the timing of Andrew's instagram post, it's def not trolling to me.


I fail to see how a product announced during NAMM- a time we've come to expect announcements, is trolling.


Yup, that too.
Illwiggle
Will this be the Year of the Stereo Filter? Bring it the fuck on!
cackland
Illwiggle wrote:
Will this be the Year of the Stereo Filter? Bring it the fuck on!


Kinda feels like.
coolshirtdotjpg
imxtristan wrote:
jzwoopwoop wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
I am not about to spend my morning debating the semantics of trolling, but... when someone releases a new module and you tell everyone... oh, that's cool, wait until everyone sees mine, you are trolling a bit.


Respectfully disagree. This wasn't the first time Andrew had teased this product. I think you're also ignoring (unintentionally) a larger context too: that MakeNoise is a goliath compared to SSF in the modular wold. So I'm quite sympathetic to SSF, who has been developing this module somewhat openly, only for one of the biggest names in the industry come and somewhat suddenly release a similar product.

I certainly see your point, coolshirt, and all I was trying to get at is-- the term "trolling" can be quite triggering, and I think there are at least enough ways to interpret this that it's in poor form to openly declare this as an example of trolling. Whether you agree or disagree with the timing of Andrew's instagram post, it's def not trolling to me.


I fail to see how a product announced during NAMM- a time we've come to expect announcements, is trolling.




I have no problem with SSF and have owned their products. I don't have a problem with them doing this, but again, if you can't read a little antagonism into that post, you're not trying very hard. I mean, you're obviously misrepresenting it when you refer to it as a product announcement, because most people don't announce their products as a response to the release of another product by essentially saying, wait for my product it's better (edit - it's not even a matter of interpretation, they specifically mention "holding out" for this this one). Any attempt to be pedantic or intentionally dense about it is just tacky.

If your record was coming out and I responded by saying that people should hold off buying yours and wait for mine, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't consider that to be a neutral product announcement, so let's not be stupid.

I don't care and don't know why people are getting their underwear in a bunch because of this. It's not wrong to tease people online and I'm sure no harm was meant. This is the stupidest thing to argue about.

Let's get back to talking about the module. Any demos yet?
jzwoopwoop
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
if you can't read a little antagonism into that post, you're not trying very hard.


I hears ya, I just think that's a different thing than calling it trolling, is all.
gentle_attack
This thing looks REALLY powerful, although I'm not quite sure I have my head wrapped around to topology.

Each side 'A' and 'B' have two filters in series or parallel, which you choose the mode and then a Freq and Spread... and then both go to the Stereo Freq? So your signal could be passing through a total of 3, resonant filters? What is the filter type/mode of the Stereo Filter (the middle knob at the top), I don't see a fifth place to choose a mode?


The QPAS is pretty cool but it's not at all 2 separate filters, there's only one Freq! The QPAS reminds me more of a Moog MURF, on steroids. This is more like a Korgasmatron 2 that's been taken to the ^nth degree. I think this will sell fine but appears to be a Rolls Royce of "normal" filters, whereas the QPAS is it's own thing.
mateo
gentle_attack wrote:
This thing looks REALLY powerful, although I'm not quite sure I have my head wrapped around to topology.

Each side 'A' and 'B' have two filters in series or parallel, which you choose the mode and then a Freq and Spread... and then both go to the Stereo Freq? So your signal could be passing through a total of 3, resonant filters? What is the filter type/mode of the Stereo Filter (the middle knob at the top), I don't see a fifth place to choose a mode?


I'm fairly certain the Stereo Freq and Res knobs are just a way to control the L&R simultaneously.

gentle_attack wrote:

The QPAS is pretty cool but it's not at all 2 separate filters, there's only one Freq! The QPAS reminds me more of a Moog MURF, on steroids. This is more like a Korgasmatron 2 that's been taken to the ^nth degree. I think this will sell fine but appears to be a Rolls Royce of "normal" filters, whereas the QPAS is it's own thing.


It is 2 seperate filters, but like the dipole the central frequency knob controls the frequency of both sides simultaneously.
hawkfuzz
Looks great. I got excited when he presented it. I think last NAMM he showed a proof-of-concept right?

He has a few modules in the pipeline from what he displayed at NAMM and only put out the MUTON since then for some reason.
thetwlo
Bobby wrote:
Personally can't wait for Cwejman, Macbeth and Schippmann to do stereo filters.

funny.
thetwlo
this looks fucking great, as does the MN filter, they both seem very different.
Bobby
applause
thetwlo wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Personally can't wait for Cwejman, Macbeth and Schippmann to do stereo filters.

funny.


I'm.glad someone got it! Miley Cyrus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group