MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

GRAT - "CHAOSMAGIC" - new Buchla 200e album
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author GRAT - "CHAOSMAGIC" - new Buchla 200e album
misa

http://gratofficial.bandcamp.com

I am very excited about this -- We made a Buchla album:

Together with Henning Pertiet we released an album called CHAOSMAGIC under the bandname GRAT. It's 2x Buchla 200e and available to listen and preorder on Bandcamp. iTunes et al will follow in due time).

We created three long, dark and experimental ambient tracks with very different approaches to each of them. Some of it was recorded all live, other parts were assembled from raw recordings.

I'm very curious to your feedback, if you are inclined to listen now. We're doing a "preorder" since we don't have the CDs back from manufacturing -- once they are here, the whole thing will go live.

We are also going on tour in Germany and the Netherlands (well, Amsterdam, at least), so please come on by and talk to us if you like, we're happy to meet fellow wigglers.

07. February – Kulturcafe Rautenkranz, Isernhagen
13. February – Anachronism, Schwankhalle Bremen
14. February – Anachronism, MS Stubnitz, Hamburg
22. February – Spektrum Neukölln, Berlin
23. February – Bunker Ulmenwall, Bielefeld
24. March – EARsession, Amsterdam, feat. Tony Roe
16. April – Xerox Exotique #039 @ Institut für Neue Medien, Frankfurt/Main
17. April – Bochum, Evebar (in the Schauspielhaus)

--also if you like what you hear and would like to book us, please get in touch! wink

the two systems are a 12U 200e (mine) and a 10U one (Henning's). All modules are Buchla & Associates 200e and we used quite a lot of outboard effects...
Henning uses a 251e for sequencing while I'm using a bananafied Doepfer Dark Time.

Of course please feel free to ask any technical questions you might have!

looking forward to hear what you think of it!

(PS: Last year around this time, I released my solo album "HEART MURMUR" (http://kainiggemann.bandcamp.com) that is all Buchla, thanks for all your support for that! wink
lumin
The track you have available to listen to is dope. So many directions you took it over the course of the song.
Were you two together during the creation process for that particular one?
myecholalia
Oh yeah, I'll buy the h*** out of this when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.
Are you still using the same system as on Heart Murmur, Kai?
misa
lumin wrote:
The track you have available to listen to is dope. So many directions you took it over the course of the song.
Were you two together during the creation process for that particular one?

thank you!

yes, that track was recorded as part of a long session where we improvised together after preparing a few parts and ideas, then just hit record. I believe this was our second take, and it's only edited a bit (there were some lame bits and it wouldn't have fit on the CD otherwise..wink

Thanks for the feedback!
misa
myecholalia wrote:
Oh yeah, I'll buy the h*** out of this when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.
Are you still using the same system as on Heart Murmur, Kai?

thank you for your support, Thorsten!! I really appreciate it!

it's indeed still the same system:

Top: 291e - 266e - 227e
Middle: 281e - 292e - 210e - 206e
Bottom: 230e - 259e - 261e - 285e

still feel like this is my stradivarius -- a perfect instrument with a LOT of depth to explore...

wink
myecholalia
That's great! Thanks for sharing.
Really looking forward to give the first track a listen on a proper system today.
misa

We found some fertile ground on where to grow CDs...wink

(in other words: we got them back from manufacturing and I am so excited..!

thanks for everyone's support!!!

PS: This is a picture of Henning's system
ibat
Very good album! w00t
Mattson Mini Modular
misa
Thank you very much!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1