MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ASV modifications
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author ASV modifications
oozitron
I have two things I want to try altering on the ASV. Would love to have verification that I'm on the right track :-)

1) Instead of the LFO modding the freq of *both* VCO 1 & 2, I would like it to *only* mod the freq of VCO 2. It appears that I can just leave out R67 on the Main Board to accomplish this. Sound reasonable?

2) I want to add a VCF mod jack (in addition to existing VCF mod paths) for external voltages in the range [0 to +5 volts]. It looks like I can connect this input to a resistor and then that resistor to Pin 2 of IC U4 on the Pot Board. For use with a [0 to +5v] input, what resistor value would you suggest?

thanks so much,
Andrew
Synthbuilder
oozitron wrote:
...I would like it to *only* mod the freq of VCO 2. It appears that I can just leave out R67 on the Main Board to accomplish this.

Correct.

Quote:
I want to add a VCF mod jack (in addition to existing VCF mod paths) for external voltages in the range [0 to +5 volts]. It looks like I can connect this input to a resistor and then that resistor to Pin 2 of IC U4 on the Pot Board. For use with a [0 to +5v] input, what resistor value would you suggest?

100K would give you a five octave sweep range with 5V, but you may wish to try something more sensitive, say, 68K.

Tony
oozitron
Thanks Tony!

I really like the sound of an LFO sweeping the VCO in Sync mode (as opposed to using an envelope). I think it will sound especially good in poly mode, with each voice's LFO speed and sweep amount slightly different.

Andrew
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1