MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best 1 HP Module?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Best 1 HP Module?
TrashWaveform
Pretty big fan of the blank. I heard they are doing a firmware upgrade to it. Just reading about it I am sure it is worth the extra money. I heard Metasonix is going to make a blank soon though. I just have to have a tube powered blank. I would die without one.

What are your favorite 1 HP modules?
Cat-A-Tonic
I know you're just foolin' but...

I cannot think of any components besides LEDs that will fit behind 1HP.

With 2HP you can fit some jacks (like Kobiconn), some switches (but they would have to be placed vertically), and perhaps some slider pots.

Slider attenuators would be nice in 2HP.
anselmi
TrashWaveform wrote:
Pretty big fan of the blank. I heard they are doing a firmware upgrade to it.

anothe fan here
I use to fill my blank spaces with bigger blank modules that exact fit the gap but some time ago I was able to compare four 1HP blank agains a single 4HP module and the difference is oustanding!

Now I got 9 of this 1HP blanks and as you can said about VCAs "you can never, ever got enough 1HP blank panels"

Although for now I preffer them from Malekko and Make noise I´m pretty curious about what Eric Barbour is cooking...I think it will be something that retain the classic concept of the original but in a nastier way
darenager
I'm thinking of getting a 9u case and filling it with 3 84hp blanks because I want to do a cover version of John Cage 4'33.

hmmm..... But now you got me thinking, I could use 252 1hp blanks.
darenager
Ha, nevermind I just figured out I can use a no pass filter instead lol
richard
sorry but I think the Wiard/Malekko Anti Panel really pisses on the others. More organic by far... I think its those non-vactorals
darenager
Imma hold out for the Macbeth, its all discrete lol
suitandtieguy
My 1HP blanks need to be connected to each other on the blackplane to syncronise their blankness.
darenager
^Wow how did you manage that? 0% pulse width for the sync signal?
de_raaf
i heard buchla is gonna a make a 1 hp for 3u, to drive people nuts
KNYST
de_raaf wrote:
i heard buchla is gonna a make a 1 hp for 3u, to drive people nuts

lol thumbs up
Cybananna
The blank isn't warm and organic enough for me. I've DIY'd my own 1 hp module from compost. It's very warm and organic. It's much better than the blank. Plus the blank has IC's so it's digital. No fucking IC's in compost my friend.
bsmith
I love my 1 hp minidisc sampling module, psyched for the next firmware rev that'll take it to 256 bit!
anselmi
bsmith wrote:
I love my 1 hp minidisc sampling module, psyched for the next firmware rev that'll take it to 256 bit!

I like it but I missed the first version´s SMPTE connections so much...
daverj
My cases aren't deep enough for most 1HP modules. very frustrating
Popski
I'm pretty sure I installed my 1hp blank upside down
Badr0b0t
There's so many to choose from. I just can't decide. I'm probably going to spend all month on the modular planner constantly rearranging all 512 of them in my case and getting everyone's input. thumbs up
felix
Actually, this one:
http://www.analoguehaven.com/makenoise/blankpanels/
negativspace
None of you guys DIY your 1hp modules? I didn't find anything satisfactory on the market so I had to do my own. Waaaaaaay better.
Junk Rhythm
negativspace wrote:
None of you guys DIY your 1hp modules? I didn't find anything satisfactory on the market so I had to do my own. Waaaaaaay better.

I have a 1/2HP prototype I've been working on for about a year now. PM me if you want to demo it.
Tjech
I think the flattened packs of cigarettes I was using for 1HP blanks were best. Wait - thats the sad Euro cases thread I wanna be in....
hawklord2112
im still waiting on my Plan B Model 66.33 1hp modules. wonder if i send him an email if i'd get a reply?
Bricks
fingers cross for a Buchla Quad Ground Generator
hawklord2112
Did I hear a rumour about an MOTM E000 1hp drone?
coupler
I'd love to have one of these as an AU
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2