MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer A-135-2 Quad VCA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Doepfer A-135-2 Quad VCA
cheapmachines
http://www.doepfer.de/a1352.htm

Seems like this is out in the wild now, has anyone got one yet? Any comments re. the general sound quality? Any cross talk or bleed between channels?
Wjbratcher
Yeah, it looks like you can get them now. Why so cheap?
zengomi
Ordered one. It's on its way.

Cheap because Doepfer cares?
Estes
I never got what you can do when you combine this one with the morph controller. Maybe someone can explain?
euromorcego
Estes wrote:
I never got what you can do when you combine this one with the morph controller. Maybe someone can explain?

you can use a cv to "morph" between the channels. Like switching between channels, only with smooth transitions.

Actually, i would love to see a more sophisticated morph controller ... so that one can control the "peak position" and "width". Like a poor people's RXMX, only that i already have a quad VCA and only need the controller.
mrgrimm
zengomi wrote:

how do you like the 135-2?
zengomi
mrgrimm wrote:
zengomi wrote:

It’s solid.
lisa
Looking at the 135-2, it seems to be great value both regarding the price and the hp. Any grouses?
Demi Jon
Not a complaint but be aware that it's only maximum amplification of 1. I love the Doepfer A-132-3 for its sweet distortion as well as being super flexible.
Phitar
zengomi wrote:
mrgrimm wrote:
zengomi wrote:

It’s solid.

So do you have this paired with the morph? Am I correct in thinking that the morph provides a way to open all the vca's with a sort of slight delay between them?

I've been thinking of getting another Intellijel Quad but may go this route instead. The jacks look quite densely packed for a Doepfer module... Any issues patching?
brianv948
I was looking into this module as well, ended up going with the Intellijel Quad VCA mainly because each channel has exponential to linear response adjustment. I read this unit is linear response only. I'm really happy with the Intellijel it's pretty amazing!
zengomi
I'm happy with it. Seems clean. Haven't done anything 'fancy' with it.

I don't need exponential control in every patch. If needed, a MN Veils is located nearby. Intellijel Quad VCA offers even more control, which is why I have 3 of them.

As Lisa mentioned, cost/HP performance is a big plus. I can see it being particularly useful when you want to add a layer of VCA based control.
lisa
Alright, thanks guys. I'll get it. It'll further my new rack quite a lot and it's $ and hp economical. It also feels good to buy some Doepfer now and then.
novim
Is this in stock anywhere in North America? I've only found it at Schneiders.
lisa
novim wrote:

https://www.noisebug.net/products/doepfer-a-135-2-quad-vca-voltage-con troller-mixer
mmpingo
Here in Europe the biggest music shop is thomann.de.
They sell also in the USA:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/search_dir.html?sw=a-135-2&smcs=af154e_41 07
novim
lisa wrote:
novim wrote:

https://www.noisebug.net/products/doepfer-a-135-2-quad-vca-voltage-con troller-mixer

Thanks thumbs up

@mmpingo I've ordered from Thomann, and the prices are incredible, but the $75 flat-rate shipping to Canada means you really have buy a lot to make it worthwhile.
mmpingo
I'm not sure if they do this also in the USA and Canada, but in Europe they offer free shipping over 200 Euro. Check it.
novim
Can any owners speak to how the jacks on these feel? I'm probably about to order one but only hesitating because the jacks in my last two Doepfer modules (purchased in the spring) are especially tight and rough. I find myself avoiding them which I wouldn't want with a VCA.
lisa
Not the same jacks as on my other Doepfer modules. The 135-2 ones are made of plastic and aren’t super tight.
novim
OK, good to know. Thanks, lisa!
guigui
Anyone who owns one could tell me if that VCA is on the clean sound side or the coloring side?
lisa
Clean, no doubt. But most VCAs are quite clean until you overdrive them.
bradovic
Was afraid the jacks would be too crowded, but it's not a problem at all. The smaller rubberized knobs and plastic pots feel really nice as well. great module love
jadrowsky88
Does anyone have a demo of this module?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2