MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Looking for fellow Reason Users trying to use Silent Way VST
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Looking for fellow Reason Users trying to use Silent Way VST
DJMaytag
Hey all,

I’ve got a pretty advanced Expert Sleepers setup working well so far with some unofficial/experimental routing of the Silent Way VST suite. I’m looking for some folks having some issues with their setup, especially ones with slightly different setups than I currently have (ie an ESX-8MD and/or more than 2 ESX-8CV’s).

Anyone that’s had a head scratcher of an issue, please chime in or PM me. I want to verify some setting in others’ systems to be reasonably confident to finish an “unofficial guide to using Silent Way & ES hardware in Reason.”

Thanks!
raccoonboy
If only they worked in Reason 8 d'oh!
DJMaytag
raccoonboy wrote:

Make the jump up. Reason 10 is a whole new world. I stopped using Reason after 6.5, but started to use it more after 9.5, and have now completely kicked Cubase to the curb in favor of Reason. It’s THAT good, and I’ve been using Cubase since 2001.

RE’s are just as critical now as they ever were, with a lot of cool tools for manipulating CV and audio.
raccoonboy
DJMaytag wrote:
raccoonboy wrote:

Make the jump up. Reason 10 is a whole new world. I stopped using Reason after 6.5, but started to use it more after 9.5, and have now completely kicked Cubase to the curb in favor of Reason. It’s THAT good, and I’ve been using Cubase since 2001.

RE’s are just as critical now as they ever were, with a lot of cool tools for manipulating CV and audio.

I'll probably wait till version 11 or 12. There aren't many new features I want. If I want VSTs I'll use Ableton.

Good luck though, silent way is a pain in the ass to set up and the manual is less than clear. Os has been a great help to me in the past though, but shouldn't need to ask all the time.
DJMaytag
There's a new RE headed to the Propellerheads RE Shop that will make connections with the Silent Way VST's a breeze: Omega Merger by Forgotten Clank Studios. It'll be available soon, as it's in beta and awaiting approval by Propellerheads.

It was developed per my suggestion for connecting everything with the greatest of ease, and with NO controls that one could accidentally bump to throw everything out of whack.
re8et
I currently has only the RE version, no e.s. hardware, and lot of troubles getting a timing clock out from my Ultralite from the demo version of the VSt SW midi.
I do not know if this can work and uncertain wether buy the vst suite or not.

Buying a(1,2,3...) Disting Mk4 goes pretty much on the success of getting a pretty decent timing clock audio signal from the Vst driven by the PSQ clock.
DJMaytag
What are you trying to clock? What sort of signal are you trying to generate?
re8et
DJMaytag wrote:

Just a generic DinSync clock. clean, timing clock.
DJMaytag
re8et wrote:
DJMaytag wrote:

Just a generic DinSync clock. clean, timing clock.

You’ll need the SW Sync plugin and an adapter for connecting TWO outputs to a MIDI plug. In the Eurorack world, it’s a DJ-1200 cable, but I don’t know of an equivalent with a pair of 1/4” jacks. I suppose you hold use some 1/4” male to 1/8” female adapters (they kinda look like headphone adapters, but make sure they are MONO adapters).

I only use Expert Sleepers for output hardware, but I imagine you’d just need to wire the outputs of the SW Sync plugin to whatever Ultralite outputs you’re using.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1