MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KEITH MCMILLEN K-BOARD PRO 4
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author KEITH MCMILLEN K-BOARD PRO 4
dopefiend
Finally being produced. Sweetwater said they’re getting them in stock in about 2 weeks. Anyone know what current rackmounted synths have MPE compatibility?
GavRL
The Black Corp. synths do.
rutabaga40
What timing...I was just googling for comparisons between this and the Seaboard. Anyone played both and have some thoughts?
sduck
I'm not sure about the 2 week thing. They sent a note to backers today that said that we would definitely get them before they were in stores, but gave no date as to when that would be. I think they're using McMillen time - where 6 months is closer to 2 years.
sduck
Just got a flurry of activity about this - they sent an update last week promising that us backers would get it before the stores did. And then today I got my backer survey, where they get shipping address confirmation right before sending things, and the email I got afterwards seemed to indicate that it would be out by the 15th. So - finally! Originally promised by September of 2017 was indicated on the survey.
nostalghia
dopefiend wrote:
Anyone know what current rackmounted synths have MPE compatibility?

Found a list of MPE compatible software and hardware on the Roli site:
MPE Compatible synths, DAWs and instruments

List of hardware synths is pretty short, mostly seems to be esoteric or pricey models, nothing "mass market" (Korg, Roland, DSI, etc), and most are keyboards or desktop format rather than rack (Deckard's Dream & Kijimi the sole exceptions?)
donato
Modal 002r is a rack synth.
nostalghia
Thanks, missed spotting that one in the list (guess the "r" was an obvious clue). Looks like they are out of production, may not be available new?
Neo
OB-6, Prophet 6, Blofeld, Peak all support poly aftertouch. It's not full MPE but it's enough to get some individual note expression, a la CS-80.

donato
nostalghia wrote:
Thanks, missed spotting that one in the list (guess the "r" was an obvious clue). Looks like they are out of production, may not be available new?

They stopped selling them through most distributors some time ago. As far as I know they are still in production and available via direct sales:

http://www.modalelectronics.com/modal-002r/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1