MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Can we laugh at ourselves?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Can we laugh at ourselves?
XXXEsq
A friend just sent me this. Too good not to share...
motorhead412
love it!
Yodhan
The ‘one finger Vangelis’ part made me laugh out loud.
Cybananna
That's good. Like it.
???
Hahaha not a lot of people laughing it seems w00t w00t w00t
lisa
Loads of folks took it in good spirit when it was posted last year. wink
JohnLRice
hihi thumbs up
kxx303
Im waiting for the new issue already
beatcleaver
thumbs up spot on, the onion for middle aged synth geeks.
Rex Coil 7
"Randomisation ... why it beats talent" (earns two LOLs) lol lol

"MUSIC THEORY - 10 reasons you don't need to learn it". (earns four LOLs) ... lol lol lol lol
gonkulator
This is more like parody with a sledgehammer, which isn't particularly clever. Beyond that, to answer the question, "Can we laugh at ourselves?" I rarely get past laughing at myself, so my immediate answer is, "Yeah, so what else is new?"
wiperactive
Having an easy capacity to laugh at oneself and many other aspects of living is part-and-parcel of taking life as a whole seriously.
UltraViolet
lol lol thumbs up
mg05
kxx303 wrote:
Im waiting for the new issue already

YES!

I really would buy this a magazine.
Dcramer
Patiently awaiting the ‘Moog Two’ issue hyper
Flareless
applause Excellent!
dan_p
How do you subscribe?
MarcelP
dan_p wrote:
How do you subscribe?

I found my subscription came through automatically once I hit 50 and got divorced.
dan_p
MarcelP wrote:
dan_p wrote:
How do you subscribe?

I found my subscription came through automatically once I hit 50 and got divorced.

LOL, thumbs up
jorg
Will there be a Part 2 for the Spousal Justification series? I need some more tips.
luchog
Existential Dread describes me pretty well.

In the next issue: Manuals - Crutch for loser noobs, vehicle for artistic expression, or completely unnecessary? We interview Whimsical Raps, Mark Verbos, Arius Blaze, and others!
Orwell
Nope! Self deprecation is dead, and the latest casualty after irony.

That said its hilarious when one uses self deprecation these days and someone is perplexed and says: why are you so down and negative on yourself?

One can Try, in all jest, to answer and explain self deprecation. But the idea is near extinct.

Explaining the concept, well.....It’s all Very much like talking to aliens.
JES
luchog wrote:
Existential Dread describes me pretty well.

In the next issue: Manuals - Crutch for loser noobs, vehicle for artistic expression, or completely unnecessary? We interview Whimsical Raps, Mark Verbos, Arius Blaze, and others!

You know, people on this thread could actually band together and write this. And it would be funny.
induktor
My wife and I had a good laugh over this one. lol
sizone
Orwell wrote:
Nope! Self deprecation is dead, and the latest casualty after irony.

That said its hilarious when one uses self deprecation these days and someone is perplexed and says: why are you so down and negative on yourself?

One can Try, in all jest, to answer and explain self deprecation. But the idea is near extinct.

Explaining the concept, well.....It’s all Very much like talking to aliens.

this. it seems like, between poe's law and the weird autistic tendencies of internet forums currently, humor won't be grasped unless it's explicitly stated. the other side of the coin being that if it's explicitly stated, the response will be that it's not funny, that you shouldn't joke about that or, most perplexing, a response of "why?"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2