MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting Mk4 micro sd card or slot issue - insert/eject
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting Mk4 micro sd card or slot issue - insert/eject
bigben54
I can't seem to make any card stay fully seated in my MK4.

I can insert it all the way, but springs back out with maybe 1/3rd showing, and the card is not seen by Disting. If I hold it in, the card does work and I was able to update firmware... but that's not great for other uses.

There's also no eject "click" (since it never clicks in to start) and so have to pull it out with a bit of friction. More than I would expect.

I've tried several brands of card but primarily SanDisk Edge 8GB HC 1 (class 4 I think it's called)

Card works when held so seems like a physical issue with slot, or maybe only certain card brands fit just right? Anyone else had issues like this?

Thanks!
os
It's supposed to click in. I use SanDisk Extreme cards mainly.

Is the card fouling against the front panel slot maybe?
elisha_gray
bigben54 wrote:
I can't seem to make any card stay fully seated in my MK4.

I had some issues and pulled my Mk4 module partway out of the case so I could watch it closely for a few insert/remove cycles.

Turns out I’m okay if card is aligned with slot. Even a few degrees off will lead to trouble. Now I’m used to it, and it works for me...

Try it while you watch the mechanism behind the face plate.
bigben54
Thanks I took your advice Elisha and I tried with it out of the rack. Angle was okay just wasn't pushing in far enough.

On mine it has to practically go below the front panel a tiny bit to click in. Possible with my finger nail, just deeper than I expected.

Thank you too os!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1