MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-2 and velocity control
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-2 and velocity control
JES
New FH-2 owner here. I love the interface compared to the FH-1.

I'm trying to figure out how to tell the FH-2 what to do in terms of velocity. I've checked "velocity" for my MIDI channel n the web editor. So for the channel, for outputs on the FH-2, it's:

1: Pitch
2: Gate
3: Velocity

It is outputting velocity fine, but the FH-2 seems to "hold" that velocity as I let go of the key until I strike another key. Is there a way to get it to let up as I let up on the key?

I noticed what appears to be the same behaviour in the demo video for setting it up with a mono keyboard though of course there's no sound so I'm just going by the lights.

I'm planning to use it with a Linnstrument, which can output velocity channel pressure (aftertouch) or CC11.

I'm not a MIDI expert by any means, so I'm guessing it's me...

TIA.
os
That's how velocity works. It's a key-down velocity, so only changes on key down.

If you want aftertouch, don't enable velocity, enable aftertouch.
JES
Thanks, that seems to work. I see an option for "poly aftertouch" and am checking that, but should there be a box to check for regular aftertouch? It's blank there for me.
os
Per voice aftertouch is only enabled for MPE. Otherwise, you want the 'paraphonic' aftertouch.
JES
Perfect, thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1