MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Why no more sh-101 Oakley mods?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Why no more sh-101 Oakley mods?
sleestack808
The legendary Oakley mod.
sleestack808
also, I s the nova mod pretty close?
Synthbuilder
Why no more? Well I don't do repair and service work these days.

Quote:
Is the nova mod pretty close?

It came after I started doing mods to SH-101 but it is similar. It did add some things like an extra envelope generator, and did things differently in other places, but I felt the full set of Nova Mods tended to make the SH-101 overly complex and the beauty in the 101 is its simplicity.

Each Oakley modded SH-101, or any other machine in fact - it wasn't just 101s, was different. Partly because the user requested different things but also because I changed things over the years. I guess the 101 became more well known because a certain someone used it. Although, with that particular one, he bought his already modded from my original client.

Tony
Shledge
I don't see the appeal of doing large mods to the SH101 - it's simplicity is what makes it charming.

I am tempted to put in a VCF CV input, but apart from that I'd rather keep it vanilla. seriously, i just don't get it
Synthbuilder
Shledge wrote:
I don't see the appeal of doing large mods to the SH101 - it's simplicity is what makes it charming.

Agree... but the standard Oakley Mod was pretty simple:

This added filter FM from two sources. Additional triangle wave VCO output sent to either the VCF input or the VCA input. And filter mode between -6dB and -24dB. I did normally add labels to the extra controls - not quite sure why this one didn't.

Tony
sleestack808
I added an audio input to the mc-202 filter. And it sounded lovely.
Long time ago. Im all for complicating something That said. Id never mod my 303.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1