MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pair with Digitone: Novation Peak + Mother 32, or DSI OB-6?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Pair with Digitone: Novation Peak + Mother 32, or DSI OB-6?
PoopMonster666
Any tips to decide? I have Digitone and Digitakt now. I need something spicey for mix... para, mono, poly, doesn’t matter I make it work. Just can’t decide.

If I purchase Peak, I get my first modular synth, the Mother 32 as well...

thank you
tehyar
no
PoopMonster666
tehyar wrote:
no


Ty.
Struggle
Lots of love for the Pro2. I used to have one and I really liked it. Great for all kinds of sounds and the sequencer is killer. Watch those Marc Doty videos.
PoopMonster666
Struggle wrote:
Lots of love for the Pro2. I used to have one and I really liked it. Great for all kinds of sounds and the sequencer is killer. Watch those Marc Doty videos.


why did you rid yourself of her? She did not make love to you in the ways you prefer ?
sduck
This is now your one existing thread about whatever new gear it is you can't decide on. Don't start any other new ones. I suggest editing the first post and changing the subject to "help me decide on which poly to buy" or something similar, so when you change your mind tomorrow about which contender you're currently thinking about you don't have to change the thread subject again. So - don't start any new threads about the same thing; edit this one to reflect what is currently interesting you.
PoopMonster666
sduck wrote:
This is now your one existing thread about whatever new gear it is you can't decide on. Don't start any other new ones. I suggest editing the first post and changing the subject to "help me decide on which poly to buy" or something similar, so when you change your mind tomorrow about which contender you're currently thinking about you don't have to change the thread subject again. So - don't start any new threads about the same thing; edit this one to reflect what is currently interesting you.


Thank you
gringostar
Get a reface cs

It’s all the synth you’ll need
JediDJ
Since I cannot read what topic starter mentioned earlier, I shall give an answer to a topic title, sorry...

PoopMonster666 wrote:
Hallo... what is the Access Virus Ti2?


This is SHIT wink
Don't buy it.
Or you will sound the same as those Martin Garrix, Andy Fallos or something from youtube )
Mediocre and lame...
PoopMonster666
JediDJ wrote:
Since I cannot read what topic starter mentioned earlier, I shall give an answer to a topic title, sorry...

PoopMonster666 wrote:
Hallo... what is the Access Virus Ti2?


This is SHIT wink
Don't buy it.
Or you will sound the same as those Martin Garrix, Andy Fallos or something from youtube )
Mediocre and lame...


Thank you. Anyone who work with DJ kahlid is off me radar permanently.
PoopMonster666
Anyone have advice ?
shreddoggie
sduck wrote:
This is now your one existing thread about whatever new gear it is you can't decide on. Don't start any other new ones. I suggest editing the first post and changing the subject to "help me decide on which poly to buy" or something similar, so when you change your mind tomorrow about which contender you're currently thinking about you don't have to change the thread subject again. So - don't start any new threads about the same thing; edit this one to reflect what is currently interesting you.


These kinds of threads are unlimited over at gearslutz - maybe try over there? I think you get bonus points by including one of the made-in-china junksynths from the ass clown, especially one that has not become an actual product yet...
PoopMonster666
shreddoggie wrote:
sduck wrote:
This is now your one existing thread about whatever new gear it is you can't decide on. Don't start any other new ones. I suggest editing the first post and changing the subject to "help me decide on which poly to buy" or something similar, so when you change your mind tomorrow about which contender you're currently thinking about you don't have to change the thread subject again. So - don't start any new threads about the same thing; edit this one to reflect what is currently interesting you.


These kinds of threads are unlimited over at gearslutz - maybe try over there? I think you get bonus points by including one of the made-in-china junksynths from the ass clown, especially one that has not become an actual product yet...


teh china people are a lovely people. the children work very hard, have a good work ethics. when the UB comes out I purhcase 20 of them.. why are so a hostile individual? who hurt you?
JediDJ
For Digitone I'd take Peak.
Cause Digitone not that classic sounding machine.
Pair it with OB-6 is like buy an iPhone and try to connect it to Amiga.
Joking )
PoopMonster666
JediDJ wrote:
For Digitone I'd take Peak.
Cause Digitone not that classic sounding machine.
Pair it with OB-6 is like buy an iPhone and try to connect it to Amiga.
Joking )


you have some classic sounding good music you’ve made that I can listen to? need to refresh me memory of “that classic sounding machine”.
h4ndcrafted
Ob-6 has a lot of presence if you make dance. Makes a wide variety of sounds.

Just watch if you use the chorus in mono, it doesn’t fold well at all.

I’d consider the prophet. On a cheaper note, I highly recommend the Blofeld. More synth than anybody could want.

If you like sound options rather than just a base sound, I’d be looking at the Blofeld or Rev 2. The OB-6 makes all sorts of sounds, but still feels limit g at times.
Gribs
The Novation Peak is awesome.

If you want the brassy DSI sound then you can get a used P’08 rack mount. The synth is duo-timbral and the independent A and B layers (four notes each) can be sequenced on successive MIDI channels. They pair well with the four notes per track of Elektron MIDI sequencers.

Edit: One thing a out Novation is that the company listens to its customers and keeps adding requested features to the Peak. They have done the same for their other products as well. The last update expanded the modulation matrix, added some global LFOs, and made effects parameters modulation targets.
Panason
You made a regrettable mistake listening to the echo chamber and buying those boxes. If you let the internet tell you what to do, you will never make anything original or even good, and end up wasting a lot of money thumbs up
PoopMonster666
Panason wrote:
You made a regrettable mistake listening to the echo chamber and buying those boxes. If you let the internet tell you what to do, you will never make anything original or even good, and end up wasting a lot of money thumbs up


I use my tools. my tools do not use me. you know lots about tools, yes?

edit: are you "Thanaporn Panason" on the internet?

upon a google search it is all I could find in the realm of music.
Panason
yes that must be it
PoopMonster666
Panason wrote:
yes that must be it


you make good music eh? real musician eh? signed to label eh? released EP eh? multi platinum eh?

I go listen to Tipper who use an Access Virus and can run circles around your tiny words, tiny mind and demeaning elitist persona
sduck
That devolved fast. Personal attacks are not allowed here. Final warning. And seriously, you might want to take your query elsewhere.
calaveras
a few months back I went down the same rabbit hole.
I came back up an Oberheim/Sequential OB6.
It's a great synth in terms of tone and playability. Knob for function for all the primary sound design stuff. It does get obscure when you want to change MIDI behavior and stuff though. It also is not as flexible in terms of modulation as some of the other Sequential models. But when I tried out all of the current Sequential offerings at Sam Ash, it came down to OB6 or Prophet X.
The others just did not sound as big.
The Rev 2 is very nice, but IMHO it leans a bit towards similar timbre as the Digitakt and Digitone. I'd rather have a big warm french kiss to contrast with the colder Elektron boxes. In fact it meshes nicely with my A4 and Machinedrum. Haven't fired up a softsynth in months!
PoopMonster666
calaveras wrote:
a few months back I went down the same rabbit hole.
I came back up an Oberheim/Sequential OB6.
It's a great synth in terms of tone and playability. Knob for function for all the primary sound design stuff. It does get obscure when you want to change MIDI behavior and stuff though. It also is not as flexible in terms of modulation as some of the other Sequential models. But when I tried out all of the current Sequential offerings at Sam Ash, it came down to OB6 or Prophet X.
The others just did not sound as big.
The Rev 2 is very nice, but IMHO it leans a bit towards similar timbre as the Digitakt and Digitone. I'd rather have a big warm french kiss to contrast with the colder Elektron boxes. In fact it meshes nicely with my A4 and Machinedrum. Haven't fired up a softsynth in months!


That does sound nice and interesting contrast... between the OB-6 and Novation Peak it is hard. The Peak offers nice sound design and has smooth sinuous sound very often, also contrast to the cold Digitone FM. It is tough choice. One day I own both of them. Peak and OB-6.
PoopMonster666
calaveras wrote:
a few months back I went down the same rabbit hole.
I came back up an Oberheim/Sequential OB6.
It's a great synth in terms of tone and playability. Knob for function for all the primary sound design stuff. It does get obscure when you want to change MIDI behavior and stuff though. It also is not as flexible in terms of modulation as some of the other Sequential models. But when I tried out all of the current Sequential offerings at Sam Ash, it came down to OB6 or Prophet X.
The others just did not sound as big.
The Rev 2 is very nice, but IMHO it leans a bit towards similar timbre as the Digitakt and Digitone. I'd rather have a big warm french kiss to contrast with the colder Elektron boxes. In fact it meshes nicely with my A4 and Machinedrum. Haven't fired up a softsynth in months!


I also figure... If I have Novation Peak, I get the Mother 32 and begin my venture into Modular... however, the OB-6 is so lush..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group