MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Westlicht PER|FORMER Sequencer (DIY)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Westlicht PER|FORMER Sequencer (DIY)
sneak-thief
Why is there no thread about this??

I just stumbled across the PER|FORMER in the DIY 2019 thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2998922#2998922

https://westlicht.github.io/performer/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/performerseq

You can even run a simulation of the sequencer via the website. Classy.

FWIW this is something that deserves to be discussed in the regular Eurorack section - the documentation is extensive and the project looks so well thought-out. If you can't DIY it, then ask someone here to do it.
bkbirge
Looks awesome, and utterly bonkers insane for those of us with SMD challenged soldering skills. I don't think my eyes are good enough even with glasses to tackle that one.
Tonescape
Wow, I am blown away by this thing Dead Banana

Wish my SMD skills where up to the task.
jmax313
Whoa. eek!
Markthom
Yeah this is very interesting, just waiting on boards arriving from China post New Year break.......not a cheap build by any manner of means, but still a more affordable way to get what seems like a quality sequencer.
windspirit
If anyone has a spare board for this in the US lmk, seems pretty interesting.
Tonescape
Markthom wrote:
Yeah this is very interesting, just waiting on boards arriving from China post New Year break.......not a cheap build by any manner of means, but still a more affordable way to get what seems like a quality sequencer.

Are you going to have any boards up for sale?
forestcaver
Yes it’s awesome - huge amount of work from Simon. Got all the parts yesterday - just need to find some time to build it but am very excited about this - been following the project for ages! It’s only just been released at 1.0....
sirjpink
Oh wow! we're not worthy

This is awesome and may just be what I was looking for to replace the BSP with. Now all I gotta do is teach myself SMD soldering.. of 0603 packages Dead Banana
forestcaver
sirjpink wrote:
Oh wow! we're not worthy

This is awesome and may just be what I was looking for to replace the BSP with. Now all I gotta do is teach myself SMD soldering.. of 0603 packages Dead Banana

It’s a pretty straight-forward build - pretty spaced out. But probably not ideal as a first 0603 or SMT build as there are a lot of components and it’s an expensive build (but definitely worth it) - but there are a few delicate very expensive parts that would be a pain to damage....

Been playing with mine today for the first time and it’s really really great. I may even sell my bsp pro as well !!! (But not quite yet though !!)

I am really really impressed with it - it’s so powerful and easy to use....
mdoudoroff
Looks cool! I’ve stubbed out an entry in my sequencer comparison table:

http://doudoroff.com/sequencers/

Please let me know if you’ve any corrections/augmentations. Also, this thing needs a decent frontal photo and ModularGrid entry.
sirjpink
mdoudoroff wrote:
Also, this thing needs a decent frontal photo and ModularGrid entry.

I think it's already there, just hidden under other/unknown manufacturers (link).

forestcaver wrote:

It’s a pretty straight-forward build - pretty spaced out. But probably not ideal as a first 0603 or SMT build as there are a lot of components and it’s an expensive build (but definitely worth it) - but there are a few delicate very expensive parts that would be a pain to damage....

Thanks for the confidence boost. I've just finished designing a 1u 104hp multiple-bus module with the main board in 0805 as a practice project to get into it.
mdoudoroff
sirjpink wrote:
mdoudoroff wrote:
Also, this thing needs a decent frontal photo and ModularGrid entry.

I think it's already there, just hidden under other/unknown manufacturers (link).

Ace! Thanks! Updated the comparison.
naturarerum
this is an extremely interesting project. I'll never be able to tackle it DIY, but I'm sure that someone will build a few of those down the line.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1