MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

panels templates for erica synths diy kits
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author panels templates for erica synths diy kits
oppositaer
hello there,
as the topic title suggest i am struggling to gather panel templates for the erica synths modules.. particularly i am in need of the panel for MIDI to CV II and for the SYNTH VOICE..

the guys at Erica Synths didn't write back when I asked for the templates therefore I have to sort it out by myself.. very frustrating

also i am ready to design it but I have no previous experience into front panel software or similar..

is there any guide on how to make panels out of a finished module?

thanks in advance..
retoid
I don't have any guides for making panels from existing modules but I can offer a few tips.
If you have the existing panel, you can take measurements from that and lay it out on the computer in something like a vector graphics application or a cad application. I currently use KiCad's PCBNew to layout the panel and cutouts. The files generated are able to bu used with multiple applications, like PCB's, aluminum panels or wood panels for example.

As far as getting templates, it's hit or miss when asking the module makers. Typically when I ask, I get no reply either.
I've recently started a project to consolidate module panel templates in order to make it easier for the DIY'er to make a custom panel.

https://github.com/retoid/Module-Panel-Templates
standudinski
i might have the edrawing for the CV to MIDI. can't help you with the voice, sadly. when i get back home i'll post what i have.
julian
Do you have the original metal work, and how are you planning on actually producing the new panels?

If you have the original, you can use that as a guide to mark the new piece for the holes, but if youre getting the part made up elsewhere, then you need to measure it all up, which you can do with some messing about.

If youre going down the "external manufacture" path, make certain that you do some 1:1 paper printouts, and cut the holes out of the paper to make certain you have them in the right place.

Inkscape or your chosen cad package will help you out. People send me illustrator exports all the time, and, often, theyre a total mess, but lots of people love it.
standudinski
here is all i have
oppositaer
standudinski wrote:
here is all i have

thanks! i've almost lost my hope about this topic but now you sent me lots of cool templates..

actually i've been doing all my panels with no pro tools, they look rough but they do their job Mr. Green
standudinski
these are official Erica Synths drawings, untested by me (i am planning to do custom faceplates for a few Polivox that i am building).
glad they could be of help.
retoid
standudinski wrote:
these are official Erica Synths drawings, untested by me (i am planning to do custom faceplates for a few Polivox that i am building).
glad they could be of help.

Did Erica Synths mention anything about sharing them to you?
I'd love to add these to the github repo for others to be able to use.

Thanks
standudinski
i didn't have to sign an NDA when they gave them to me. i don't know how they would react to them being posted.
retoid
Ok, I'll contact them first to make sure it's ok.

Thank you
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1