MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Finishing Ableton project in Logic ? Loopback?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Finishing Ableton project in Logic ? Loopback?
Panason
Logic is a lot better than Live for linear arrangement and editing audio on a timeline.

What would be the most efficient way to finish my current Ableton project in Logic?

Record individual tracks in Live and then just load the wavs into Logic?

I have Rogue Amoeba Loopback which can apparently route Live's outputs to Logic's inputs so that could perhaps save some time but could introduce latency and sync issues?
Plumbstone
You don't need to use Loopback as they are both rewire compatible - open Logic first so it is the Rewire host, then fire up Live. Ableton's outputs all show up as inputs in any aux channel in Logic so you can route to audio tracks via buses.

Route all of your separate tracks into logic, including FX returns if you want, and record all in one go (which will eliminate any sync issues you might have). I often keep working on bits again in Live and transfer stuff over constantly while I'm working with no noticeable sync problem.

The only downside is that you cant use AU plugins in Live whilst it is slaved.
yghartsyrt
just render all tracks in live as stems and import them into logic
Panason
Plumbstone wrote:
You don't need to use Loopback as they are both rewire compatible

DUH d'oh! I completely forgot about Rewire. I thought it was just a Reason thing!

Thanks for your answers!
AudioDevAcademy
yghartsyrt wrote:
just render all tracks in live as stems and import them into logic

Rendering them as stems is a good idea still, it can sometimes make your approah to the mix much fresher, separating artist mode and engineer mode.

Joe
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1