MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Travel microphone recommendation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Travel microphone recommendation
carter
I have a lot of business travel coming up and with time in hotel rooms without my usual instruments am thinking of trying to get some vocals recording done.

Any recommendation for a really small but decent quality microphone for vocals?

(I'm thinking to try this without an audio interface - just straight into MacBook headphone jack. I have a couple Audio-Technica AT2020s I use at home - obviously not suitable for travel. I'm not normally a vocalist and don't know much about recording vocals.)

Any help appreciated - thanks!
oranginafiend
SM57
calaveras
57 wont drive the MBP headphone jack. Heck, I don't know if anything will without a crazy adapter, since they got rid of their line in jack, like the spiteful dolts Apple are.

If you can locate a 4 conductor breakout adapter so you can plug in a mic the same way you plug in a pair of earbuds with a built in mic, I am going to bet a battery driven mic like the kind AT and Sony make will be your best bet.

That sounds complicated and annoying to me.
I'd rather have the headphone jack be the headphone jack.
Then get a USB mic like the ones Blue, Samson, Apogee and a few others make.
Of course the problem with that is USB-C. Meaning you need an adapter.

What I used to do was plug in my Zoom H4N as an interface/microphone.
blakeq
Something like a blue snowball usb mic should work.
carter
Got a Samson Go Mic Portable USB Condenser Microphone in the mail today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R76D42/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_titl e_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ridiculously cheap and really tiny.

Will give it a shot next week.

Thanks all!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1