MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MMI Modular Two nine five (10 Channel Comb Filter)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author MMI Modular Two nine five (10 Channel Comb Filter)
Gyroscope
Just caught this on Modular grid looking for a comb filter. It's an adaptation of the Buchla Model 295 comb filter.

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/mmi-modular-two-nine-five.

Anyone heard of this or tried it even?
Gyroscope
I took a chance and ordered one. With all the interest shown here I'll be sure to let you know how it sounds seriously, i just don't get it
Gyroscope
Or maybe Make Noise or Mutable Instruments will do an adaptation of the same filter in the future and we can have a multi-page thread of people drooling.
damase
Gyroscope wrote:
Or maybe Make Noise or Mutable Instruments will do an adaptation of the same filter in the future and we can have a multi-page thread of people drooling.

verbos multidelay w00t

—oh wait i guess thats buchla 288 time domain inspired.... comb filter is interesting though, would like to see a verbos adaptation
DonKartofflo
Gyroscope wrote:

Or maybe its just not that exciting, having a fixed filter bank with no macro controls whatsoever and requiring ten vcas if you want to do any kind of animation.

The addac fixed filter bank does exactly this but with voltage control, the serge res eq has resonant peaks and self oscillation, whats new about this one?

I think its so ridiculous to say people drool over MI or MN just because of the hype. Have you seen the cv inputs on the QPAS? Two ping inputs and spacing controls give you a ridiculous range of macro control from very little modulation or periphery. Their stuff is popular for a reason.
This module requires at least another 20hp if periphery if i wanna do anything other than static filter banking with it.

Stil, it looks cool and i like the sliders and individual outputs. If my frames had ten channels, id be all over it.
Gyroscope
DonKartofflo wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:

Or maybe its just not that exciting, having a fixed filter bank with no macro controls whatsoever and requiring ten vcas if you want to do any kind of animation.

The addac fixed filter bank does exactly this but with voltage control, the serge res eq has resonant peaks and self oscillation, whats new about this one?

I think its so ridiculous to say people drool over MI or MN just because of the hype. Have you seen the cv inputs on the QPAS? Two ping inputs and spacing controls give you a ridiculous range of macro control from very little modulation or periphery. Their stuff is popular for a reason.
This module requires at least another 20hp if periphery if i wanna do anything other than static filter banking with it.

Stil, it looks cool and i like the sliders and individual outputs. If my frames had ten channels, id be all over it.

Ah ok, I hadn't seen it that way. I never had a fixed filter bank so I think this is going to be practical anyways. It goes without saying that I love MI and MN too.
coolshirtdotjpg
Gyroscope wrote:
Just caught this on Modular grid looking for a comb filter. It's an adaptation of the Buchla Model 295 comb filter.

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/mmi-modular-two-nine-five.

Anyone heard of this or tried it even?

This looks interesting. I have a serge resonant EQ that I got on the cheap, and it's great, but I do wish it had individual outs (I bought the MK1), this might be a good supplement.
ben_hex
I’ve had one for a while now and really enjoyed it shaping sounds and also taking more surgical little sections of audio to route to different fx.
ookrsia
ben_hex wrote:
I’ve had one for a while now and really enjoyed it shaping sounds and also taking more surgical little sections of audio to route to different fx.

Does this mean we can expect a video?
ben_hex
ookrsia wrote:
ben_hex wrote:

Does this mean we can expect a video?

Possibly (got a lot on though). I am talking to Matt Gaines behind the project about such things too though. His little lunchbox case and revamped USB power has been very good too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1