MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ensoniq DP4 modulation question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Ensoniq DP4 modulation question
elastic
Does anybody know how to make the DP4 respond to midi messages?

I.e increase the dry/wet amount of unit 'A' every time it receives a midi note from another synth.

I've got it to respond perfectly with pitch bend, note velocity, but i would like it to increase the wet amount every time a note is played from another synth.

Thanks
Dave Kendall
As you've got the DP/4 responding to velocity etc, I'm not sure the parameter you want exists (if the MIDI control is similar to the DP/2).
If I read your wish right, then playing a note on an external synth connected via MIDI increases the wet amount, and releasing a note takes it back to where it was ?

If that's the case, you may have more luck using the CV/pedal input. Connect a MIDI to CV converter to your synth, and then feed its GATE output into the CV/pedal input. In the DP/4, set the source, destination and parameter min/max parameters to taste.

If you want to get fancy, trigger an envelope generator from the MIDI to CV, and feed the envelope generator's output into the CV pedal input. You can then, for example, mess around with release or decay to further shape the response to your synth's external notes.
That will give you far more control than a simple on/off gate or MIDI note control would smile
tiger001
woot, i didn't even knew (its in my rack) the DP4 had a CV in
now i can feed that with the tempo synced env/LFO from my Vermona quadLFO!
great

you have 2 MIDI (cc) in modulators possible per effect and a range of destinations but velocity is not a MIDI cc
Dave Kendall
tiger001 wrote:
woot, i didn't even knew (its in my rack) the DP4 had a CV in
now i can feed that with the tempo synced env/LFO from my Vermona quadLFO! great

That should be fun smile

tiger001 wrote:
you have 2 MIDI (cc) in modulators possible per effect and a range of destinations but velocity is not a MIDI cc

Indeed it isn't. But it is available as a MIDI modulation source, along with Note Number, Aftertouch (mono pressure) Pitch bend, and all the MIDI CCs from 0 - 127. (at least, that's the case in the DP/2) smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1