MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Verbos Bark no input feedback?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Verbos Bark no input feedback?
nocontact
How does this module handle no input metallic noise feedback patches? Can anyone share a demo? Ive got no change to try it out here but that would be some seriously fun added usability with all the cv ins and outs... Thanks!

Should I rather go for the resonant eq from random source?
nocontact
Anybody? Hug
damase
i saw your question on the other thread. i think you need to be more specific. im confused what kind of patch youre asking about. the bark filter doesnt self resonate
nocontact
I'm talking about feeding the output of the Bark back into the input for making "industrial noise" feedback patches, like from 17:10 in this AJH filter bank video: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ajh+filter+bank

I'm hoping to achieve similar results, resonant and gnarly, but the difference is between this and the AJH is that I want CV control over the sounds rather than manual control. Can similar results be achieved with the Bark? oops
nocontact
waah
dooj88
just saw this posted the other day

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btx9T2-FWLZ/
nocontact
Thanks for the reply, but this is not a clear example of what the Bark sounds like as a audio source. Has nobody ever tried to patch the outputs back to the inputs? eek!

What would the advantages of the scan/tilt CV inputs be for this particular feedback application? Can anybody try this out for me? hyper
Tumulishroomaroom
dooj88 wrote:
just saw this posted the other day

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btx9T2-FWLZ/

Yeah this is me, but the Bark Filter wasn't involved in this... It's only the Multi Delay Processor smile They look quite similar.

I've tried this this morning quickly. The no input part... the Bark really doesn't self resonate so it's not that interesting. You can get clicks with sharp LFOs into the CV inputs but when feeding individual bands back you end up with a sort of not really shapeable sine wave that's quite annoying. I don't know, maybe my patch technique wan't great, I just tried this very quickly. There may be more to dig here.

I think the R*S sounds really good for this and it would be nice to recreate this with some clever patching; it might be possible; Verbos modules are so open ended; but the R*S was purposefully made for this. Maybe try sending an email to Mark Verbos himself ? they might have tried this more thoroughly.
nocontact
Thank you so much for the reply. The ADDAC seems to handle this very nicely, so I'm a bit surprised that the Bark Filter doesn't behave in similar manner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJs6qdDLYis

I've tried to contact Verbos but I've yet to receive reply. I'll probably just go for either the Random Source module, since it can be had for a good price second hand, but man... I really want the Bark VCF for sound processing too. If you manage to get it to behave in similar manner that the ADDAC in the video above, please report back!

Cheers! Please keep the demos coming. nanners
FadingCanvas
nocontact wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but this is not a clear example of what the Bark sounds like as a audio source. Has nobody ever tried to patch the outputs back to the inputs? eek!

Yes, I have tried this, it makes sound. Each fader produces a different frequency, not all produce the same volume if I remember correctly.
R.U.Nuts
I have no Bark Filter but I tried something similar with an Eowave Fluctuations Magnetiques quad VCF. It also doesn't self oscillate when you apply feedback directly. Adding a ridiculous amount of gain to the feedback path with a Mikrophonie fixed that issue Rockin' Banana!
Maybe you guys could try that with the Bark, too...
droningspaghettimonster
Thank all of you for the replies. It seems like that ADDAC601 is the module I want for CV feedback noises, and R*S Resonant EQ for manual wiggling. Getting them both second hand would still be cheaper than second hand Bark filter. hihi
FadingCanvas
droningsphagettimonster wrote:
Thank all of you for the replies. It seems like that ADDAC601 is the module I want for CV feedback noises, and R*S Resonant EQ for manual wiggling. Getting them both second hand would still be cheaper than second hand Bark filter. hihi

I tested it yesterday on the Bark, it's quite hard to control. There is no sound, or there is a loud sound, hard to get anything in between. The sound is almost a sine wave for each band, by ear and by scope. The first and last bands don't seem to do much. Seems to me you're making a right choice.
Tumulishroomaroom
That was my experience as well... Good reason to get the R*S I guess !!
nocontact
Thank you all so much for taking a look at this for me. It would have been so cool to have this extra feature packed int he Bark as well...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1