MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A/B Trigger Solution Help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author A/B Trigger Solution Help
Jalopy
Howdy,

I have been using two of the Uoki-Toki-43x to select between two separate sequencers going to various destinations. Essentially a way to do some seamless interweaving of two separate drum machines.

Before I go on I should say that I think this is a cleverly designed and well implemented module (Passive is a plus). This has worked great for me, but to be frank the 43x is somewhat.... temperamental in its construction. Nuts on inputs have come off multiple times and I have to un-rack the module and remedy the issue. I have checked contacts to see if I could simply re-solder, but the contacts appear to be over stressed as the construction is rather tight. I have treated it as I treat all my gear. With reverence and love. But 3 of the 8 outputs are dysfunctional. Though I would consider just buying two more, I am curious if anyone could point me in the direction of another solution for this that I am not aware of.

For the functionality and HP, it is hard to beat. The closest I can find is this Acid Rain Switchblade, though for the same HP I am down to 6 as opposed to 8 outputs. Even so, I am probably leaning toward this as a solution (which comes with an enhanced feature set).

Any suggestions? Thanks!
jwm
i can't quite read the 43x panel...would 2x routers work?

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/studio-electronics-router-r
kwaidan
Nevermind . . . I’m not sure of how many outputs you want.
Jalopy
jwm If I understand correctly, since this is also passive, it would do the same thing if used in reverse of the intended jack labels. In other words, I could use Trigger A in 'OUT 1' and Trigger B in 'OUT 2' and send it to the destination via 'IN 1', correct? With the exact same functionality with a center off switch and in the exact same form factor to accommodate 8 separate destinations in 8 HP. If so the I'm grabbing a few of these.

Thanks for your help synth famiglia.
jwm
Jalopy wrote:
jwm If I understand correctly, since this is also passive, it would do the same thing if used in reverse of the intended jack labels. In other words, I could use Trigger A in 'OUT 1' and Trigger B in 'OUT 2' and send it to the destination via 'IN 1', correct? With the exact same functionality with a center off switch and in the exact same form factor to accommodate 8 separate destinations in 8 HP. If so the I'm grabbing a few of these.

Thanks for your help synth famiglia.

yeah its bi-directional, so that should get you were you wanna go.
Jalopy
Router certainly did the job. But for my money - Doepfer a-182-2.

For your consideration.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1