MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla and Doepfer Dark Time Q
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla and Doepfer Dark Time Q
misa
Im not sure where to ask this, here or the SDIY forum, but I’ll try here first:

I bananafied my Doepfer dark time to use it with my buchla, the DT has a jumper inside where you can set it to buchla voltages.

The thing I don’t get though, is why the DT’s “CLK in” doesn’ like the Pulses from the 281e? It gives me a pretty random sequence and any tempo.

I know about the different Buchla pulses but how can I make this work?

Has anyone tried this before and can give me some help?

Thank you!
mutierend
Maybe the Dark Time is expecting longer gates than the pulses you're sending in? Not sure, just a thought.
Portabella
You should get in touch and ask Dieter Doepfer directly.. especially if you're German. He is very helpful :-)
weinglas
misa wrote:
Im not sure where to ask this, here or the SDIY forum, but I’ll try here first:

I bananafied my Doepfer dark time to use it with my buchla, the DT has a jumper inside where you can set it to buchla voltages.

The thing I don’t get though, is why the DT’s “CLK in” doesn’ like the Pulses from the 281e? It gives me a pretty random sequence and any tempo.

I know about the different Buchla pulses but how can I make this work?

Has anyone tried this before and can give me some help?

Thank you!

Hi,

I think the jumper settings on the Doepfer only work for the outputs. So maybe try to attenuate the 281e voltages?
ST.P
when nothing else helps, this should solve the problem:

https://www.schneidersladen.de/de/synovatron-cvgt1.html

the module establish a ground connection too!
snufkin
get some chicklets from http://synovatron.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html he does little translator PCBs as well as custom work as far as I know
misa
Thanks for all the replies. I will ask dieter next week and report back.

I was trying to do it without any additional hardware, but maybe I can glue a chiclet into the doepfer...;-)
Pailo
misa
Thanks for the link, but I got the ground sorted.

I’m currently on tour but will post proper pictures when I get back home.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1