MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

In search of effect...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author In search of effect...
Moruial
Hi there.

New born into music gear, I don't know where to search but here.
I'm looking for a effect that can add big space-ich reverb/delay/dunno.
For what I've seen, the Strymon Big Sky and Eventide Space are the kind of tool I'm looking for. Love long atmospheric ambient /space thing, but also on a budget, I know those two tools are great but they are quiet expensive for me.
Will mostly be to use with Synth such as the Model D and other gear.
Is there something similar somewhere? Pedal? Modular? Even pro studio thingy?

I'll post something similar on the Modular thread as I'm really interestind to go that way.
roger
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqR0NmnJJ9f_2pX2GQ-hjo8-0dF41hcM x

maybe listening through this playlist can help you. There are plenty of options out there, it's just a question of what you like.
mamonu
Zoom MS 70 CDR is great value for money and for the quality of fx you are getting.

I have a space but I like this one too.
Moruial
roger wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqR0NmnJJ9f_2pX2GQ-hjo8-0dF41hcM x

maybe listening through this playlist can help you. There are plenty of options out there, it's just a question of what you like.


Whoa!! Never expected that! It might help a lot, thank you very much!


mamonu wrote:
Zoom MS 70 CDR is great value for money and for the quality of fx you are getting.

I have a space but I like this one too.


Oh it's that little thing! Saw it on many vids out there but never think about it. Thank you kind sir
[/quote]
scrunday
Moruial wrote:
Hi there.

New born into music gear, I don't know where to search but here.
I'm looking for a effect that can add big space-ich reverb/delay/dunno.
For what I've seen, the Strymon Big Sky and Eventide Space are the kind of tool I'm looking for. Love long atmospheric ambient /space thing, but also on a budget, I know those two tools are great but they are quiet expensive for me.
Will mostly be to use with Synth such as the Model D and other gear.
Is there something similar somewhere? Pedal? Modular? Even pro studio thingy?

I'll post something similar on the Modular thread as I'm really interestind to go that way.


Consider the Boss DD-500 and RV-500. They’re deep, customizable delay and reverb units, respectively, with some overlap between them.
anselmi
digitech polara, just $169...it does the trick you want quite well
GavRL
Meris Mercury 7 is brilliant too. Not loads, but a shade below the cost of the Strymon and Eventide.
smetak
Cheapest with a decent quality would be the TC Electronic HOF and Flashback - the first version HOF goes as little as seventy beans and an old Flashback for less then $100.
anselmi
smetak wrote:
Cheapest with a decent quality would be the TC Electronic HOF and Flashback - the first version HOF goes as little as seventy beans and an old Flashback for less then $100.


there is a version of the Hall of Fame called the Trinity, with more ambient and exotic reverbs





rowsbywoof
Maybe a used Electro Harmonix Cathedral. Definitely cheaper than a BigSky or Space, probably 50% cheaper new... I’ve seen some around $150 and less used as well. One on Reverb right now for $135. Killer pedal for its price range.
anselmi
rowsbywoof wrote:
Maybe a used Electro Harmonix Cathedral. Definitely cheaper than a BigSky or Space, probably 50% cheaper new... I’ve seen some around $150 and less used as well. One on Reverb right now for $135. Killer pedal for its price range.


I have the Cathedral and while it´s great for generic reverbs (and delay) it´s not in the same league of "atmospheric wideness" of the other named above
chvad
Dispatch Masterrrrrrrrrrrr
Muzone
anselmi wrote:


there is a version of the Hall of Fame called the Trinity, with more ambient and exotic reverbs



Trinity is a fun reverb and works well with synths, like some other TC boxes the Toneprint app lets you get a weird as you like with the settings smile
calaveras
may not be popular, but that is why I am going to reccomend it.
I find it is really fun to have an old school multeffects rack unit patched. If you are connecting all your synths and modular to a compact mixer, you probably have a couple aux sends that you aren't doing anything with.
Patch a quadraverb or Digitech 2112 on that send, and bring it back into the stereo returns.
Is it an epic studio quality convolution reverb?
Nope.
Can you have delay, reverb and chorus arranged in different order with other whacky effects?
Yes! And it's kind of fun to have an effect that is not part of the modular, drum machine or keyboard synths.
Bonus, most rack effects are damn cheap. Got my quadraverb GT for $100.
Got my two Digitech multieffectors for free, sitting on top of the trash!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group