MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Transposing melodies up and down
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Transposing melodies up and down
LazyCircuit
If I want to drop a melody by exactly two semitones or raise it by five, what is the simplest and most cost effective solution? I wondered if any precision adders give exact semitones of voltage. What about offsets that have such preise control? Is there duch a module and, if not, why?
BenA718
Disting Mk4 precision adder has fractional offsets for semitone adjustment.
desolationjones
BenA718 wrote:
Disting Mk4 precision adder has fractional offsets for semitone adjustment.

I believe the mk3 shares this feature and is commonly available for super cheap.
LazyCircuit
That is the kind of thing I was thinking of. Are there any other alternatives that provide similar functionality?
mdoudoroff
Some quantizers have CV inputs that can be used to generate multichannel transposition. A few examples include Intellijel Scales, Ornament & Crime (Meta Q) and ADDAC Intuitive Quantizer. One advantage of using a quantizer instead of an adder is that it can quantize the value on the spot within a selected scale, rather than you having to nail the right voltage that happens to correspond to a note you want.
cvidalon
T43 i think
BenA718
mdoudoroff wrote:
Some quantizers have CV inputs that can be used to generate multichannel transposition. A few examples include Intellijel Scales, Ornament & Crime (Meta Q) and ADDAC Intuitive Quantizer. One advantage of using a quantizer instead of an adder is that it can quantize the value on the spot within a selected scale, rather than you having to nail the right voltage that happens to correspond to a note you want.

Quantimator does this as well.
gentle_attack
Precision adders are for adding voltage
Offset for creating voltages
Quantizer is for rounding voltages from some rule you want to set
Sequential switch for bouncing between sources

It sounds like you're asking for an all in one. Disting I think can do this I think. You might do good with some 2hp or Erica Pico if you want small HP dedicated (not Disting/O_c).
JohnLRice
cvidalon wrote:
T43 i think
thumbs up
https://vpme.de/t43/
Phitar
JohnLRice wrote:
cvidalon wrote:
T43 i think
thumbs up
https://vpme.de/t43/

Neat! First time I've seen this module. Basically plug and play. Couldn't be any simpler. Thanks for the info (and the link)! applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1