MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Understanding Power
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Understanding Power
stujay18
Ahoy, MuffMates. Stu the Noob here. I'm building my first Eurorack system. I'm working with a Make Nose 7U CV Bus Case. The specs indicate "1.4 amps @ 12Vdc, 1A @ -12Vdc, 1A @ +5Vdc (w/ powered bus board, CV Bus installed).

Great!

According to Modulargrid.net (and setting aside potential accuracy issues for now), I'm currently at the following power consumption:

915 mA +12V / 355 mA -12V / 25 mA 5V

Trying to understand if I'm interpreting correctly. I know I'm supposed to leave 10-15% free. That being said and ignoring that for the moment, does this mean that technically I have:

485 mA + 12V to spare
645 mA -12V to spare
975 mA 5V to spare?

Am I reading/interpreting this correctly? Thanks. Never done this before and having trouble finding online confirmation.
sduck
Yes.
sko87pro
Some of the modules on modulargrid are added by volunteers (and some power ratings are missing), so double check the power specs on the manufacturers’ sites. That being said, you might reasonably expect a powered case from Make Noise to have sufficient grunt to drive 2x3u of modules plus the 1u row of tiles.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1