MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

No CV out from utune
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author No CV out from utune
tenembre
Until today I had only been using the utune for midi -> microtonal midi.

Today I tried to feed in an lfo and get a quantized voltage out. I can see the input and output numbers responding, but there is no voltage output at all. (Checked by plugging CV out into both the 1v/oct input of an oscillator, and on an oscilloscope).

Firmware version is 1.10, HW is 17.
CV in and out are set to Pitch and Pitch map.

I tried clearing all the midi routings, and also tried the Reset to Default command, but there is still no voltage out at all. Also tried tried routing din midi to cv out, and again I can see the output number (only) responding to the midi note input, but there is no voltage being sent out.

Is my utune defective? This is the first time I've tired to use the voltage outs.
tubbutec
Hi,

can you please go to CONF->MISC->Expert settings -> DAC/ADC cal and report the numbers you see there?
There was a problem in beta 1.1 where ┬ÁTune loses its calibration. It's since fixed in 1.11 (still beta), but you might need to re-calibrate the outputs.
tenembre
tubbutec wrote:
Hi,

can you please go to CONF->MISC->Expert settings -> DAC/ADC cal and report the numbers you see there?
There was a problem in beta 1.1 where ┬ÁTune loses its calibration. It's since fixed in 1.11 (still beta), but you might need to re-calibrate the outputs.

Here they are:

----------

Chan 1, 0V: 1879
Chan 1, 10V: 64482
Chan 2, 0V: 1891
Chan 2, 10V: 64390
10V to CVIN1 -> FFF0
10V to CVIN2 -> FFF0

ok

------------
tenembre
Update - changed to a different scale and got output. So that's good - nothing is broken.

It is strange that there are a lot of scales that give no output at all though (via CV In -> CV Out at least). Has anyone else noticed this?
tubbutec
calibration looks good.

Happy to hear it's now working again. Can you tell me which scale was not working?

I assume, the scale used did output a very high voltage and as a result you could not hear your vco
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1