MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting Mk4 Looping problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting Mk4 Looping problem
SPIKE the Percussionist
Dug around the forum but didn't quite find the solution...so...apologies if this is beating a rather dead horse...

All four of my Disting Mk4 modules are updated to 4.9

I'm trying to use the WAV players.

Particularly the V/Oct player.
Algorithm I-3

I started by putting Playlist files in the root of the card.

playlist-voct.txt
playlist-zspeed.txt
playlist-clocked.txt
playlist-rm.txt

All of them have the same variables:

disting playlist v1
-loop=0
-gap=0
-fadeIn=0
-fadeOut=0

All samples constantly loop.
:(

Then I removed the playlist files from the root and tried putting copies of those playlists in every single WAV folder on the card and all the samples still loop.

Another question...
Is there a list of names for the playlist files that each algorithm needs somewhere?

Thank you for any and all help!
os
Algorithm-specific playlists were removed in firmware 4.8. Now you either need no playlist, or if you need to set options, 'playlist.txt'.
SPIKE the Percussionist
os wrote:
Algorithm-specific playlists were removed in firmware 4.8. Now you either need no playlist, or if you need to set options, 'playlist.txt'.

THANK YOU!
SPIKE the Percussionist
Updated to 4.10 and it's great!

However I had to add a 'playlist.txt' file to each folder of samples.

Once I did that algorithm I3 worked perfectly!

I thought you could just put one playlist file in the root directory as a global setting That didn't work.
d'oh!
os
A playlist in the root directory is for telling the disting which folders to look at. Individual sample options like looping are done in the playlists in the folders.
zoso49
Dumb question: is there a way to only play back an audio file when the mk4 (4.10) receives a trigger? I feel like every Audio Playback algorithm loops the file infinitely, regardless if loop=0 or not.
os
If you've set -loop=0 correctly, the file won't loop.
BasementRob
Hello guys! I´m trying my disting today for the first time and I have got the same problem - the files don´t stop looping! I want to use the I7 Dual Mode, to trigger a Bassdrum and a Snare. As soon as the module is powered up, both samples don´t stop looping, no matter if there is a trigger plugged in or not.

I created a txt. file called ´playlist´ which I put in a folder called ´DRUMS`together with my actual wav-files.
loop is set to 0 but it does not seem to have any effect :(

Hopefully you can help!

Picture file
BasementRob
Here is what my folders look like:

os
Could you attach the actual playlist file?
BasementRob
You mean the playlist.txt file which is actual on the sd-card, right? This one here:
os
The file's mashed:

You need to sort out the line endings.
BasementRob
Oh ok..but how could that happen?? Maybe because I copied the phrases from the manual..?! I will try again by writing every letter and every number by hand!! Thank you very much already!! I´ll let you know if it works!
BasementRob
It´s working! Awesome!!! Thank you very much!!!! I appreciate your quick response and help! How did you find out about the endings and that the file was mashed???

Rockin' Banana!
os
I used a decent text editor (BBEdit). MacOS's TextEdit often hides this kind of thing.
BasementRob
alright..!! Well, thanks again!!
Modulardennis
So I saw already some people having the same problem. I've been trying literally every option for hours, but I just can't get it right.

PLEASE help, it's driving me totally crazy and I have a gig in 5 days......

My samples just won't stop looping.

I added a screen shot as attachment, which shows the playlist.txt and files are in the folder "samples" and look like this:

-----

disting playlist v1
-loop=0
-retriggerOnSampleChange=0
sample00.wav
sample01.wav
sample02.wav
sample03.wav
sample04.wav
sample05.wav
sample06.wav
sample07.wav
sample09.wav
sample10.wav
sample11.wav

-------

I installed the latest firmware, reformatted the card. It plays the samples, but they won't do 1 shots, only loops.

What am I missing here??? :-( :-(
os
Please attach the actual playlist file.
Modulardennis
Here is the playlist file:
Modulardennis
Sorry, I guess it is the wrong one.

This is the one I mean

!!
os
Same problem as the last poster:

BasementRob