MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DivKid Mutes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author DivKid Mutes
silkynight
Came across this. I dreamed of something like this for years.

https://divkidvideo.com/mutes/

Brilliant.
Niamac
This thing looks great I just watched video and its gone straight to the top of my wishlist
lisa
Simple idea but super useful. SlayerBadger!

timc3
Looks good for live performance.
Zerstorte Zelle
Neat idea!
starthief
Clever design!
BenA718
Cool idea!
a100user
Agreed, simple idea and appears to be well executed.

Clickless switching and I love the momentary option on the mute too.

Nice work Ben and Befaco.
mgscheue
Looks good!
desolationjones
Nice one, Ben! You should make a video about your journey getting a module into production.

It is interesting to see vactrols still get used in new designs from EU designers when they're not RoHS compliant...
iheartmodular
very nice applause
xthrasherx
My only complaint is I wish the jacks were on the top side of the panel instead of the bottom, but I suppose I can mount it upside down in my case. Otherwise this does a whole lot for performances and also addresses the one main weaknesses of the WMD performance mixer (limited aux sends).
ben_hex
Just came on to post about this. Thank you to everyone with the nice comments and sharing the videos etc. Much appreciated.

RE RoHS and Vactrols I believe they are compliant now as they don't have Cadmium (is that was it was called?) in them anymore. There's a few places to get them that can be used worldwide I believe. If you're interested and can find out about them in more detail.
rico loverde
Looks great Ben. I love a good, functional utility module. You can tell when it’s designed by necessity! applause
wiperactive
Ordered a kit from Thonk just a moment ago as soon as Ben's promo video rolled to its end.

Always liked inserting manual switches into systems such as my old Korg MS series well before getting into modular. With this the vactrols and momentary function on the same switch makes all the difference. Simple and super-useful.
BananaPlug
Quote:
but I suppose I can mount it upside down

Exactly. I do that a lot and this module’s the perfect candidate. For modules with knobs that point, I turn the knobs around too.
Congratulations DivKid! nanners
starthief
Will be ordering one as soon as one of the US shops lists it.

Did I interpret that right, it's also a buffered mult? grin
jnduffie
Ben -- are there plans to export this to the US? Looks fantastic!
ben_hex
cheers again everyone.

starthief - it's not a buffered multiple in the sense of 1 in to 4 super accurate copies of the signal. However ins and outs are buffered properly to avoid potential issues with modules not reacting further up or down stream in the patch. I know of issues that have arose with splitting signals and driving various things before.
ben_hex
Hi jnduffie yeah stores that have them (or had some sold out) or have them coming are (either just got web pages to make or have them in transit) ...

Australia – Tin Shed Modular

Europe – Analogue Zone (Hungary) // Escape From Noise (Sweden) // Modular Square (France) // Raw Voltage (Austria) // Schneidersladen (Germany)

United Kingdom – Cymru Beats // Matttech Modular // Rubadub // Signal Sounds // Thonk (DIY Kits + PCB/Panel)

USA – Control (Brooklyn, New Work) // Midwest Modular (Minneapolis) // Modular Addict (Wisconsin) // Patchwerks (Seattle)

DIY Kits + PCB/panels – Modular Addict // Thonk
jamos
Jesus I was just postulating something like this last night!

I hope the ins are normalled to 5V, I'll live if not.
jmax313
thanks!! am interested in picking up one It's peanut butter jelly time!
starthief
ben_hex wrote:
it's not a buffered multiple in the sense of 1 in to 4 super accurate copies of the signal. However ins and outs are buffered properly to avoid potential issues with modules not reacting further up or down stream in the patch. I know of issues that have arose with splitting signals and driving various things before.

Ah, OK smile
desolationjones
ben_hex wrote:
RE RoHS and Vactrols I believe they are compliant now as they don't have Cadmium (is that was it was called?) in them anymore. There's a few places to get them that can be used worldwide I believe. If you're interested and can find out about them in more detail.

Sorry for derailing, but it's surprisingly tough to find recent info on RoHS vactrols. Last I can find is some circa 2013 squabbling over conflicting test reports on cadmium levels in a particular brand. If there's an industry-agreed direction on safe vactrol choices, I'd love to hear about it!
ben_hex
jamos they're not ... I thought of that too late into the production of the boards. I'm living with one CV source into the first input though.

derail away! desolationjones I thought Cool Audio, Erica and others had "new" vactrols made that were all totally fine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6