MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Multiple resets
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Multiple resets
joncharliefeathers
To the community I would like to ask the following question,,

In a system that contains various clock devices, switches and sequencers, how would you patch reset signals amongst so many modules.

I use a buffered mult and stackable cables as my solution but it seems a basic and messy. Is there a better way?
unrecordings
I built myself this. I could have added output buffers but I've not needed them (my actual module has eight outputs)

http://files.unrecordings.co.uk/Master%20Reset%20Schematic.pdf
sduck
You probably don't need a buffered mult for clock/gate/trigger signals.
joncharliefeathers
Foot switch for resets, that’s a tool. I could plug a foot pedal into the doepfer a119 and mult the gate output. I like the ideal of that, put the foot to work!
Neo
joncharliefeathers wrote:
To the community I would like to ask the following question,,

In a system that contains various clock devices, switches and sequencers, how would you patch reset signals amongst so many modules.

I use a buffered mult and stackable cables as my solution but it seems a basic and messy. Is there a better way?

I do the same, but I try to keep all of the modules that need to be reset close together to limit spaghettification
joncharliefeathers
That’s a good tip, thanks neo.
milkshake
An other tip:

Say you have an 8 step sequencer with reset.
Reset the sequencer every 16 steps, it stays in sync with the tune.
But now also reset it at, for example every 5 steps. Now you have created a 16 step sequence from an 8 step sequencer.

You can also create B parts of a tune this way by changing the shorter reset step.

Experiment and have fun.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1